Check out this Dune Buggy

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Check out this Dune Buggy

Postby Patrick » 23 Tue May, 2006 11:03 pm

Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 24 Wed May, 2006 8:51 pm

Yeah, I got the mags with his story.. kinda sad he's selling it, but man, what a ride! Motorcycle water-based paint, too! nice nice!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 24 Wed May, 2006 9:15 pm

Whats the story?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 25 Thu May, 2006 2:40 am

his story on the magazines..they're on my shelf..

basically, he got the body for dirt cheap, lotsa sweat and blood into it, the paint was even cheaper, if I remember correctly, it was water based paint for a motorcycle, etc. etc. good deals making the ride..

I read the article with Engine #1, and they discussed a monster for Engine #2 (not sure of displacement), but the next time I read about him, he was doing drags at the track....

very nice ride..

(please don't make me dig up the story hahahah)
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 25 Thu May, 2006 9:17 am

What do you mean Motorcycle Water colors. Is this a easier way to paint fiberglass? Using auto paint is what is keeping me from going crazy with a paint job. When I was in my late teens & early 20 I was pretty good at painting RC Car Bodys. I would love to bust out my old airbrush.....My oldest daughter is interested in airbrush, and how cool would it be to teach her how to airbrush on my buggy! Think how much prouder we would be!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 25 Thu May, 2006 11:00 am

IF I remember, it was water-based, and going to be used for a motorcycle, but the guy changed his mind, and he got the paint for real real cheap.. even though it's water based, it's still sprayed thru a paint gun, with the same ratio of paint/air...
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion