Watch out here comes another NOOB, not really :)

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Watch out here comes another NOOB, not really :)

Postby Animale » 11 Fri Sep, 2015 1:29 pm

I've been building a Safari "Manx styled" buggy since 79', when my father bought it for me. Unfortunately, I did not find you guys back then and being young and stupid found plenty of asshole shops and some well intention-ed friends and people who wound up hurting the project more than helping it. Of course that lil thing called LIFE kept getting in the way sometimes, but I did somehow wind up in Cypress in 2006. I bet I'm not all that different from most of you guys and builds, but I didn't have such as site as this to benefit from. Long story short, well have to discuss over some drinks, I'm hopefully on the last leg of the build and approaching putting the paint and interior together. I've followed you guys for the last couple of years but for whatever reason could not make it passed the security check to join. Your info discussed has definitely solved some of my issues and I can't wait to get to know some of the characters I've been reading about. I know I know be careful what you ask for :))

Yup this has been waaaaaay toooooo long of a road but I'm looking forward to finalllllllly enjoying it and being a part of several groups including Texas Manx!

It will be fun and thanks in advance for all the advice and input!

George

PS: On such a day I've got to say "NEVER FORGET!!!", I'm VERY Pro Military and LEO's and ANTI BO & BS :)

Yup I'll post pics as soon as my Son teaches me how to reduce the pic size to get under the bar of this site :)
Animale
Buggy Dude

Re: Watch out here comes another NOOB, not really :)

Postby staggerwing » 11 Fri Sep, 2015 1:33 pm

Welcome to the club, sir! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing some photos of your build!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 11 Fri Sep, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi George... I echo the welcome that staggerwing provided.

I would also like to follow up with you on this statement.
Animale wrote:for whatever reason could not make it passed the security check to join.

Could you PM or email (Ken@TexasManxClub.com) me with more details of the issue that you encountered?
We try hard to keep the spammers out, but we certainly don't want to keep the real peoples from the site... staggerwing is our only exception.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby johber41 » 11 Fri Sep, 2015 9:37 pm

welcome George........it will be fun seeing your build. Check your Personal Message (PM) at the top of the page.
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 12 Sat Sep, 2015 10:19 am

And, a welcome aboard from me also, George.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 12 Sat Sep, 2015 4:17 pm

George:

Be forewarned, Ken has trouble with words sometimes.. he meant to say exceptional. Sometimes when we get together, the ladies provide name tags for everyone. In the case of Ken, you'll know right away who he is. He really doesn't need a name tag, he's the exception.

Post up some pics dude!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 13 Sun Sep, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey George,

Welcome to the club! I live in Cypress as well. Give me a call and we'll meet up for happy hour sometime soon.

Rick
281-352-4812
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 16 Sat Jan, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi George I'm with Rick he will call me when you set up the happy hour!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Return to Member's Projects