A time for reflection

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

A time for reflection

Postby Buggy1 » 11 Tue Sep, 2007 9:43 am

I was thinking today about 9 11 and where I was when this unprevoked mess started us into this stupid world community. I personally would not be so careful about who gets it in the back end ........ we carpet bombed several countries during world war 11 and it kept people busy rebuilding instead of fighting. I would like to get the one who thinks we should rebuild "their" country when NO ONE SHOWED UP when our country took those terrible hits.

I live in a country where I can do and create what ever I want to do which brings me to this post. I have for almost a year been building a "new prototype" buggy to get out there with my friends! She represents the newest up dated look with lots of little "hot" comfort ideas. My time of Reflection as I have always wanted to do this, so Buggy Up Neal ( Me).

Her Name you ask? The "Lone Star"

The engine is a monster full of horsepower, body lines are sleek, interior is a total break away from the norm, etc. I am going to get Neil at Hawkeye to do "his metal thing" on the bumpers ( which are designed to go with the style of this buggy ).

I am already putting together a whole new web page to carry the story as she goes along , as it willl take a lot of pages. I am also using "local" supporters of our club to supply those much needed parts. For those who are saddened by the loss of Seranos, I can only hope our local boys did not get caught up in that smooth talking, snake oil salesman - such a shame .

When " the Lone Star" comes out, I will ask our club to vote on what they think - it should be a lot of fun!

Neal :)
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby Russhebert » 11 Tue Sep, 2007 10:40 am

SOUNDS GREAT TO ME CAIN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PROCESS.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 12 Wed Sep, 2007 12:26 am

Come on, Neal. You've got me pumped, lets start seeing some photos, even if they are the preliminary's. ;-) ;-)
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 12 Wed Sep, 2007 9:47 am

I may be a newbie, but I'm with Bill! Dude, how can you make a post like that and not send us a sneak preview! I'm pumped too... One thing for certain, buggy freaks are all VERY patient people. I threw a 3 inch extension as far as I could into my neighbors field last night cause it wouldn't stay on the ratchet. Arm hurts this morning, but I fell a lot better!! Building a buggy has made me more patient today than I was yesterday.
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Buggy1 » 12 Wed Sep, 2007 2:59 pm

For those interested, Pictures of the prototype body ( my design ) will be up in October as I start the glass work turning cast into a fiberglass body.

For those interested, if there is enough interest I will be looking into doing a production of the body. Other wise , I will have something no one else wil look like.

The Trans Axle will be done by Grafeo Transmition. He knows what we are building as far as the engine goes. The engine will be a follow along story as I do it. Needless to say she will be a high tech monster, with some of the engine being a sweet sorta secret. All I can say is Grafeo's comment was " wow, big engine, we will have to add super diff, special gear shaft, so the first gear will hold". The fourth gear is .82 to 1.00 but she will pull it easily. He will be doing the trans and the axles to make it strong!

The Body will have a lift built into it for ground clearance and lighting is nothing like ever done before!

Pictures will be coming online the end of the month about beefing parts to hold this "new century look" together.

I know, I know, " Keep it simple........" but I am hard headed and am not listening!

Neal :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Lone Star Rules!!!!!
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion