Another new member

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Another new member

Postby Ken Carvalho » 07 Tue Jul, 2015 1:01 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ken, and while NOT from Texas, I have friends in Austin, and visit from time to time. I'm a car guy, but am a new buggy owner. My dad built a real Manx back in the 70's and I grew up in SanDiego in the dunes with buggies, rails, bajas and the like.
I've wanted one , and looked locally in Spokane, Wa. where I live, but they aren't very popular here. I have a daughter with a medical issue, and I spend as much time with her in the shop as possible. We are building her a '30 Ford sedan, and when I mentioned that "someday" we would build a buggy together soon, word got out, and one kinda "fell in my lap"
It's an unknown body make so far, but it's on a shortened '59 pan, has a '71 dual port, and its titled as a '71 Dunbuggy. I'll update here and there, but my fab skills are much better than my computer skills.
Ken Carvalho
Buggy Dude

Re: Another new member

Postby Ken Carvalho » 07 Tue Jul, 2015 1:02 pm

Tried to load a couple of pictures, but it says "file is too big".
I'll look into reducing them and posting later.
Ken Carvalho
Buggy Dude

Postby BrianB » 07 Tue Jul, 2015 1:57 pm

Welcome to the club. You have found a great place to share the buggy addiction with. We all look forward to seeing pictures soon. If you come to visit for laborday weekend come to Schulenburg for the Buggy Roundup. See ya
Brian
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 07 Tue Jul, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi Ken... great name by the way... and welcome. Look forward to seeing your project and watching the progress.
Here is a post that will help you to add pictures to your posts.

Posting Pictures
Ken
Site Admin

Postby johber41 » 12 Sun Jul, 2015 10:58 pm

Hello Ken....welcome to a great group! I have had alot of luck by reducing my pics on Paintbrush by about 75%, usually by 50% then by 25%, and then re-save them......then they will post up. You get three pics a message.

John
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 13 Mon Jul, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome to the Club, sir. Great group of folks here! Post up some pics dude! Can't wait to meet ya and see yer buggy!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 14 Tue Jul, 2015 1:43 pm

Welcome Ken. We are so glad to have you as a part of our group. But, I have to tell you, having two Kens in the Club will require a major adjustment on our part. :D :D

And, Amen to needing pictures.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion