House of Reps!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

House of Reps!

Postby Faron » 16 Sat Mar, 2019 10:08 am

Have we got some incredible news for everyone! Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 at the Texas State Capitol Building. Our bill will be heard in a Public Hearing. We have lined up a few people that we feel will give a compelling, well thought out, & unified testimony that will work towards our benefit. We have every subcategory (Dune Buggy, Sandrail & Kitcar) represented as the goal from the start was to pave a way that we could all get back on the roads of Texas legally.
We would ask more people to give their testimony, but there is a very fine line between a productive group & pain in the neck who is taking up to much precious time.
You may not have been asked to give your testimony but it is very important that we have a LARGE Group Join us at the Capitol. It is IMPORTANT that the House Reps on the Transportation Committee see a large number of VOTERS or Constituents in the audience, as it shows them that this is important to a LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE.
Transportation Committee - Public Hearing
Wednesday, March 20th - Meeting starts at approximately 2:00PM
Texas State Capitol Building - Room E2-030
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/

I understand that this is VERY Short Notice, but I posted this less than 24 hours after the Transportation Committee informed me that they planned to hear our bill on Wednesday, March 20th, at 2:00PM. In that time I was planning a strategy as to what should be done during the hearing. If ever there was a time for you to make time to be in attendance it is when our bill is being talked about in Legislature!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: House of Reps!

Postby Faron » 19 Tue Mar, 2019 3:05 pm

For those of you who would like to attend the Transportation Committee Hearing, it will be held Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
The Transportation Committee Hearing is scheduled to meet at 2:00 pm. But they may adjourn from Legislature long before they are scheduled & if that is the case they will the start the Hearing early. It is suggested that we get there early and be ready to start at 11:30 am. Also, be prepared for a long day at committee. (Sorry about the relatively open start time, it is simply not something that we can control, as HB-1755 will not be the only bill heard that day.)
As I understand it, everyone who is scheduled to give Testimony for the Assembled Vehicle Coalition will be in a Suit & Tie. However, when I went a couple of weeks ago I wore a pair of Pressed Blue Jeans, Dress Shirt, and Boots & I felt comfortable as a spectator.
The Transportation Committee will meet in room E2.030. Sorry, you may have to ask someone how to get there. I know I will. The Capitol Building is beautiful, but it is not easy to get around.

I have found the best parking to be at the top of the Parking Garage to the East of the Texas State Capitol Building.
1201 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
The Address for the Texas State Capitol Building is
1100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701
As it has been said before, it is VERY important that we have as large of a group in attendance as we can get. It will show the House Reps that this is an important issue to a large number of their constituents.
For those of you who would like to attend the Transportation Committee Hearing, it will be held Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
The Transportation Committee Hearing is scheduled to meet at 2:00 pm. But they may adjourn from Legislature long before they are scheduled & if that is the case they will the start the Hearing early. It is suggested that we get there early and be ready to start at 11:30 am. Also, be prepared for a long day at committee. (Sorry about the relatively open start time, it is simply not something that we can control, as HB-1755 will not be the only bill heard that day.)
As I understand it, everyone who is scheduled to give Testimony for the Assembled Vehicle Coalition will be in a Suit & Tie. However, when I went a couple of weeks ago I wore a pair of Pressed Blue Jeans, Dress Shirt, and Boots & I felt comfortable as a spectator.
The Transportation Committee will meet in room E2.030. Sorry, you may have to ask someone how to get there. I know I will. The Capitol Building is beautiful, but it is not easy to get around.

I have found the best parking to be at the top of the Parking Garage to the East of the Texas State Capitol Building.
1201 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
The Address for the Texas State Capitol Building is
1100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701
As it has been said before, it is VERY important that we have as large of a group in attendance as we can get. It will show the House Reps that this is an important issue to a large number of their constituents.
Will you be able to attend the Transportation Committee Hearing where HB-1755 will be heard?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 22 Fri Mar, 2019 7:10 pm

OK I accept that I am the dinosaur and always the last to know anything good, but just in case any others out there are behind their FB posting reading, I got an update from Mr Porter that the Transportation Hearing this week went extremely well. Bryan and others closer to the front line speculate the proposed bill will get to the senate floor during this legislation session. So let's all commend the work put into this and remember the fight is not over yet.

Even if you are visiting this site for the very first time, you MUST have some interest in the Texas Dune Buggy scene and those that have a buggy obviously have a major interest. You should all consider carefully to support this fight or soon we all loose this hobby.

Everyone reading this thread, ACTIVE Texas Manx Club member or viewing GUEST, should stop right now and visit the Save the Texas Dune Buggy Go Fund Me and donate to the cause.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 27 Wed Mar, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks, Ken!

We found out Tuesday that the Transportation Committee voted that our bill should move forward in the process in the House of Reps.

So now it will have to go through the Calenders Committee so that it can be voted to go to the House Floor. We still have two more steps to go through in order to get through the House. Then the very same process will have to be followed on the side of the Senate. Believe it or not, we will not be finished once it goes through the House & Senate. It has to pass the Governors desk, and there will still be more after that.

The House bill is
86(R) HB-1755 Representative Thompson District 29
The Senate bill is
86(R) SB-1462 Senator Hughes District 1
(If you Google the bill make sure you post the 86(R) in the front or it could bring up a bill from a past session I'm not sure if Google will have the original or the substituted version.)

For those of you who do not care for Facebook, I try to post here when I can but Facebook is a much faster/larger platform. We also do our best to keep the website up to date. http://www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com

This process has not been cheap as we have a Lobbyist hired. Our monthly goal is $2500.00 a month and all profits go towards the issue and only the issue. All funds are kept up to date, and the books are always open to anyone who wants to see them.

Should you decide to donate, we can except funds a couple of ways & we also have items for sale as well.
PayPal - faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.org (preferred method due to the VERY low fees)
Go Fund Me - https://www.gofundme.com/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy (We don't use this as much due to the large fees that are charged by Go Fund Me)
Or you can send a check, I will give you my address in a Private Message.
Again, all funds raised go to help correct the issue!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 09 Tue Apr, 2019 10:54 pm

For those of you who do not keep up with the Facebook page or Website, I am going to give you a quick update!
The bill that we have been pushing to correct our issue with the TxDMV and Administrative Rule 217.3 will be debated and voted on Wednesday & Thursday. Once we get the favorable votes to pass the House we will start the process with the Senate. However, I can not feel anything but optimistic as we move forward day after day!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 10 Wed Apr, 2019 10:52 pm

Today was the second reading, will go back tomorrow for the Third and Final Reading.

Is it helpful for me to post this information here or am I going through another step when everyone is getting the information elsewhere?
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 11 Thu Apr, 2019 9:54 pm

86(R) HB-1755 was voted out of the House & Now we are on to the Senate!
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion