Hey All

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Hey All

Postby CoryN » 04 Wed Sep, 2019 10:16 am

Been a long time.

Sold the buggy. Moved to the lake. Been playing with smaller toys (golf carts).

Now that I live at the lake, miss having the buggy.

Never heard anymore on what happened with the title deal. Is it safe to build another buggy now?

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Re: Hey All

Postby Ken » 04 Wed Sep, 2019 11:22 am

Hi Cory, in fact there is a group that has been very diligently working, for multiple years I might add, to right the wrong that has infested this hobby since the 2014 DMV manual update. This group organized, by Faron Smith and Scott Reuter-also Texas Manx Club members, have been successful in getting through the Texas legislative process and changing/updating the required laws to ultimately allow a legal title process for at least something that resembles our fiberglass buggys, as I understand it. We are all currently waiting "patiently" on the DMV manual updates, to see exactly what all this means to each of our current buggys and future planned buggys. As I understand, this might take a while and obviously longer than any of us care to give them.

We all owe this group a great deal of thanks for fighting the fight for us and as I have always said, we should all continue to support this group in the best way we can including monetary donations when possible.

Welcome back and thanks for checking in on us. Get a buggy and start a build thread and to quote my good friend Mr Bill K... Build It!

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion