We Have Something Special

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

We Have Something Special

Postby Bill K » 20 Sun Oct, 2019 10:28 pm

I spent this past Friday and Saturday in Kerrville helping some friends with the purchase of a home. And, as would be expected, I stayed at the YO Ranch Hotel.

Also, as would be expected, there were a number of Motorcycle Groups and a Corvette Group gathered at the hotel.

So, I took the opportunity to observe some of their gatherings under the hotel's portico where we often gather. What I observed was the same kind of camaraderie we as a Dune Buggy Group enjoy. There was the the typical hugs of friends who were glad to see each other again, the checking out of each other's machines, etc.

But, what I didn't see was the gaiety and laughter that ensues when we are in a similar situation. There was no good-natured ribbing, and the equally clever and funny retorts. When we are gathered the world around us knows full well we are having a fantastic time enjoying each other's company.

And, while none of the groups were rude, they also did not display the welcoming, open, and friendly response our group has at the approach of any stranger.

Which all led me to be so appreciative of the blessing I have to be associated with such a wonderful group of folks as you all are.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: We Have Something Special

Postby staggerwing » 26 Sat Oct, 2019 8:28 am

Thanks for throwing that out there Bill. Yup, we are extremely blessed to have what we have. Hopefully, and like a lot of things in life, we don’t take it for granted, but continue to build those great relationships in to friendships that last a lifetime. Cheers y’all..
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 26 Sat Oct, 2019 12:40 pm

Does any other group really stand a chance??

Rick :)
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 26 Sat Oct, 2019 1:50 pm

And, wouldn't you all say that is probably the Serious Side of Cyndi? :D :D
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 30 Wed Oct, 2019 3:28 pm

Seriously!?
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby cdmartin » 31 Tue Dec, 2019 3:39 pm

I agree Bill, we do have something special with our group!! not only fun and laughs but a true appreciation for each other.
Looking forward to 2020
Flo
cdmartin
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion