What’s up?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

What’s up?

Postby staggerwing » 02 Thu Apr, 2020 2:17 pm

You people sure have been quiet lately!
The Mechler’s are staying home mostly, watching and listening to hundreds of semi gravel trucks come and go to the electric substation next door. If I had a drone, I’d be flying over there to find out what the heck is going on. Sandy thinks they are building a bunker. There’s a large excavator filling every truck before it leaves; like they’re diggin a whole to “China”. I wonder what Chuck Norris would do..

Anyway, thinking about all our good friends and hoping y’all are hanging in there.
Congrats to Sergio.. yep, he’s retired! Hey man, I apologize ahead of time if you were keeping it a Secret.

Cheers y’all..
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Re: What’s up?

Postby Heathwerner » 02 Thu Apr, 2020 4:19 pm

Hey whats up? Unlike some of yall, like Sergio now, congrats by the way, we have to continue working. Which we are among the lucky that we are still working. Shannon is able to work from home and I work in the chemical plants that are still running normal for the most part. Our company has done furloughs and salary reductions but again Im one of the lucky ones.
Other than that we are pretty much staying home and counting our rolls of toilet paper. Ive been working on the buggy but doing little things but trying not to spend to much money on it not knowing what the future holds. Sure will be glad for things to get back to normal and hope this passes in time to make Glen Rose, we need a break.
Look forward to seeing everyone and be safe out there!
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 03 Fri Apr, 2020 5:12 pm

Hey guys. Delia and I took the Green Machine out last week and ran her through some backroads out here. Delia's been able to work from home. I walked past her opened office window yesterday and all I here is "I don't hear the mower running?".

Compliments to staggerwing for forwarding this Chuck Norris moment.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 06 Mon Apr, 2020 5:06 pm

Hey Richard, thanks for creating some dialogue. Cyndi and I are doing okay, I’m still employed for now, working from home, and Cyndi’s trying to find things to do in and around the house. I don’t think she’s doing too well with this social distancing thing – if you can imagine that!

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Blast. Will we be able to have it? Should we even have it if it’s available? What will Glen Rose be like when it reopens? I need to spend a lot more time there to finalize routes and venues that are still existing. Don’t know when I’ll be able to go. Very strange times.

I’d like to get some feedback from y’all – should we even try to attempt having the Blast at this point? Change the date? It could be very therapeutic if it’s safe. I guess that my uncertainty is the same as everyone else’s during this bizarre time. If you have any thoughts one way or the other, please share them.

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Heathwerner » 09 Thu Apr, 2020 9:54 pm

Well Rick its kinda hard to predict the future. At this point we still have it on our schedule to go. I agree, we will all need a big break when all of this is finally over. Only time will tell. The question is, is the world going to be able to handle Cyndi when she gets out of social lock up?
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 13 Mon Apr, 2020 10:09 pm

About holding the Blast:

Unfortunately, it has to be a "Wait & See" at this point. However, pressure is and will continue, to build to get this Country back to normal.

But this I can say, after what we are currently going through, wouldn't (won't) it be a BLAST to be able to get together for some Fun and Fellowship?
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 14 Tue Apr, 2020 6:24 pm

You are right Heath, please pity the poor souls on the front lines for the Cyndemic that will be released upon the reopening of our economy. :shock:

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion