Buggy Warehouse Adkins

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Buggy Warehouse Adkins

Postby GlennC » 17 Tue Nov, 2020 5:58 pm

Anybody have reviews on Buggy Warehouse off 1604 Adkins? If the weather holds good, the wife and I thought we'd take some back roads out of Seguin and do a cruise that direction in the buggy.

Glenn
GlennC
Buggy Builder

Re: Buggy Warehouse Adkins

Postby Ken » 18 Wed Nov, 2020 9:35 am

I have not been there, but often thought about going and checking it out. I've heard others say the owner is a "complicated" person to work with. But like I say nothing first hand. Check it out. Let us know your thoughts.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby GlennC » 18 Wed Nov, 2020 9:56 am

Thanks Ken. I have encountered a lot of "Richards" but not any "complicated" people. lol

Saturday's weather now has a chance of am showers. I'll post back if we make it.

Glenn
GlennC
Buggy Builder

Postby Faron » 21 Sat Nov, 2020 11:01 am

I have been there many times, with lots of Pros and Cons! It will be worth the trip, talk to Lee he has been there forever and is very knowledgable. Takes a second or two to get him talking but overall, they are all good people to deal with. Even when a mistake is made on their part, they will correct it the best way they can.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 24 Tue Nov, 2020 5:35 pm

Buggy Warehouse is a great place to get parts. The guys behind the counter are characters, to say the least, but good guys. Takes a while to get them to open up and become friendly but still good guys. Very knowledgeable and everything VW.

ScottR
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Great Mistake » 25 Wed Nov, 2020 8:50 am

I have been there more times than I care to admit when I started my buggy project in June, the guys know their stuff for sure and have just about anything you need or they can get it, they don't seem to BS very much but can answer any question about VW's Lee is very knowledgeable but a bit reserved, for a while any time I left out of my driveway on Muehl Rd and turned right my truck just automatically headed for their shop but I haven't been there since I finished my buggy.
Great Mistake
Buggy Dude

Postby Ken » 26 Thu Nov, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks for all the comments on them. They're on my list to call about an interior roll cage for a baja project that will probably NEVER get off the ground in case anyone wants to know.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby GlennC » 01 Tue Dec, 2020 9:30 am

My daughter and I made it over there. She thought the guys were rude but I didn’t. Similar to the above comments on their guys, gotta get to know them. I was surprised at the interior, didn’t match the photos on the website. Maybe the website photos are from the previous location.

It reminded me of the parts stores in the 70’s and 80’s. A couple of guys working the counter and lots of inventory in the back. You’d walk in with a “thingamabob” and they would say that’s a “thingamajig”. They would disappear and come back with the exact part you needed. You can go into today’s parts store with the part, year, make, and model, and they still get the wrong part. The point is that I think these guys have the knowledge to assist you. I can appreciate this help/knowledge because my VW experience is not knowing the difference between a thingamabob and a thingamajig.

I did spend some money while there. Would I make a trip back there? Probably not and not because of the guys or service. It is about an hour drive for me and that is the main reason. If I have a mental shopping list and I’m in the area, yes, I’d stop.

Maybe this spring/summer, a buggy cruise could be organized to go that way and stop for a visit.
Glenn
GlennC
Buggy Builder

Postby ScottR » 01 Tue Dec, 2020 6:41 pm

Glad to hear that our comments regarding Buggy Warehouse were pretty much spot on and glad to hear you had "kinda" good experience.

Yes, it is a far away place. Get your list of thingamabobs and head back there to get your wares when you have a good list.

Take care,

ScottR
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 08 Tue Dec, 2020 11:36 am

Great to have more recent comments on the place. Thanks everyone for sharing.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion