Texas Title Renewal (General, not just buggy)

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Texas Title Renewal (General, not just buggy)

Postby Ken » 16 Wed Dec, 2020 9:32 am

So I went to renew a truck registration that is in the wifes name not mine at our local tax office and they told me NOPE! Not without a temporary Power of Attorney form signed by her! I was like WHAT... WHY... ? And they said "it's for your protection". So I said "then why can anyone do this online?" So they said "online is safe". So I said "then why can anyone send the sticker to ANY address from the online?" And they added "get out". So I came home and did it online.

Given the TxDMV track record, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I have yet to understand it.

The only thing I could come up with is more encouragement to go online. Am I the only one that thinks this stupid?
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Texas Title Renewal (General, not just buggy)

Postby lykos60 » 17 Thu Dec, 2020 5:37 am

Yep , Connie has done mine for years in person ??
lykos60
Buggy Builder

Re: Texas Title Renewal (General, not just buggy)

Postby Faron » 22 Tue Dec, 2020 10:35 am

Doing everything online is far easier to track or it was a bureaucrat trying to prove his job is still needed.

The other day I went to put $100.00 bill into a friends account at B of A, they would not put the $100.00 CASH into my friends account even though I had the correct account number. What they had to do is put the money into my account, and then transfer it over to my friends account. This was NOT a B of A decision, it was a mandate that came from the government. I was told it was to protect against money laundering, and a way to track where the money came from. Keep in mind I was trying to deposit a $100.00 bill into my friends account.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion