Buggy brother

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Buggy brother

Postby Bryan Porter » 08 Sun May, 2022 3:41 pm

Has anybody talked with Joe Yoist or his wife?
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Re: Buggy brother

Postby Ken » 09 Sat Jul, 2022 7:30 pm

It's with deep regret that I share this information I found on Joe. RIP buggy brother I regret that we lost touch over the years.

Obituary for Mr. Arthur D. Yoist Jr.
Arthur “Joe” D. Yoist, 79 of Iola, passed away on Thursday, May 14th 2020 at Baylor Scott & White in College Station, Texas. A memorial service for family and friends will be planned at a later date. Cremation arrangements are entrusted to Nobles Funeral Chapel.

Joe was born to Arthur D. Yoist and Lila Christine White on October 6, 1940 in Corpus Christi. He joined the United States Air Force shortly after graduation and served for 20 years, leaving in 1982 with the rank of 1st Sargeant. Joe then went to work at Texas A&M University where he retired after ten years. Enjoying his retirement, he and his wife traveled the Native American Pow Wow circuit for five years. Joe then became interested in the Dune Buggy community where he traveled the state of Texas to attend their rallies.

He was preceded in the death by his parents, Arthur D. Yoist, Christine Altimore and step-father Joe Altimore.
Joe is survived by his of 27 years, Melisa Yoist; two daughters, Christy Snoody and Michelle Muncy, both of Dover, Arkansas; step-daughter Scottie Flores of Iola; six grandchildren and one great-granddaughter.

https://www.noblesfuneral.com/obituaries/Arthur-Yoist/#!/TributeWall

Image Image
Image Image
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Buggy brother

Postby Bill K » 04 Sun Sep, 2022 8:31 pm

I am so sorry to just now see this. Joe was a big part of the early days of the Buggy Roundup and he'll be missed.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion