General questions

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

General questions

Postby keith » 13 Thu Oct, 2005 4:47 pm

Hello. I am new to this forum and have a few questions. Forgive my ignorance. First, how many different types/styles of buggies are available that are street legal? I know there are many custom jobs but what about those that are similar to the Manx? Secondly, are they comfortable for daily street driving? Last, how many companies manufacture them? Thanks for your help.

-Keith :mrgreen:
keith

Postby Buggy1 » 13 Thu Oct, 2005 6:43 pm

In the sixties there were over 250 copies and simular copies of the Original Manx. After Meyer's Manx quit making buggies some individuals and companies continued.

There are many quality makers of Buggies out there. Two of them are Hawkeye Buggies and Texas Buggys. These are NOT Manx copies each offers their own style and look and neither one of them have ever tried to say their buggy bodies are Manx copies. I have an F1 Hawk made by Hawkeye Buggies and I love it. For the cost of a restoration, you can buy a brand new body, side pods, frame, etc. After all, Buggies are suppost to be fun and not just for colecting though some do that as well. Also Meyer's Manx Central is now marketing the new Manxter. They are listed in the links page.

There is nothing wrong with owning a "real" Manx and die in the wool guys and gals will have it no other way. But Buggies are suppost to be fun and I would think those who collect never take them out for fear they might damage it.

I say contact our sponsors and talk to them.........they are great guys and the products they make are great.
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion