Hot! and I'm disappointed!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Hot! and I'm disappointed!

Postby David O' » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 11:27 am

It is hot!!!!! I'm disappointed that the weather people are still telling us that it only 101! I can't find a place that is in real world living, less than 108 to 116!
I passed a sign just around the corner to go to my back (10 blocks) and at 4:00 pm it read 116! Are we ever going to get a break?????
Oh, and today it is going to be just as hot as it was yesterday! I'm excited!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 12:11 pm

I feel for ya my man
down south heer we been lucky with 97 under the high pressure
and humidity 106 heat index
we were glad to the the high pressure move to the north
at least a small brek highs of 90 today
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Hot here also

Postby Texasbuggys » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 3:00 pm

I feel your pain David! I am welding up customers chassis today and yep its hot here also.
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 3:47 pm

Ihad so many plans for today, but after going to Marshalls football scrimage this morning, it must have been 100 degrees. We were wore out. We all can home and took naps in the air condition. Edie drove the rail buggy into to town last night and it was like driving into a blow dryer. JUsta couple more days and this should all break. I'm ready for some clouds and RAIN. and more Rain. Hang in there.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 4:58 pm

Well, would you belive that it is so hot at the back of my house, that when I went to show a guy my headliner job I had done,......so he could see the quality of work that I do...........the heat had melted the holding strips in the head liner to the point that the top of my REALLY tight and straight headliner is now a drooping NON-ATTACHED headliner......without a single tear..........105 degrees my #$%#!
I mean literally melted the attaching strips so that the headliner is no longer held to the bows in the top at all! Jeez!!!!!!!! Something else that I've never seen before!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 23 Wed Aug, 2006 12:54 pm

i thank it was like 50 this morning and it might have got up to around 75 today and they are talking about it getting a high this week of 70 :D
richard king
Buggy Driver

Postby David O' » 23 Wed Aug, 2006 2:03 pm

And I guess that the next statement is "I feel your pain"! LOL! I know one thing, you're not in Texas!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 25 Fri Aug, 2006 1:06 am

down south? heck, I'm down south, and it was 97 in the SHADE!!! No buggy work today..even if it were 80 or 70, mosquitos would eat me alive! AARRRGH!! west nile virus! aarrgghhhhhhh!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 25 Fri Aug, 2006 8:19 am

Hummm Whats the weather like in Little Rock?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 25 Fri Aug, 2006 9:36 am

right now I live in Kosovo i cant wate to get back to South Texas. Then i can drive my Buggy and see my kids :D
richard king
Buggy Driver

Return to General Discussion