NTVWC Bug Swarm XII Results

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

NTVWC Bug Swarm XII Results

Postby GregR » 09 Sat Sep, 2006 9:03 pm

Had a great show at Rusty Wallis VW today. 7 buggies from the Texas Manx Club were there. About 65~70 VWs total.
They did a top 50, no awards by class.
6 of us took top 50 trophies, GregR, Ray and Raymond Tuthill, Jimmy & Donna Davis and David & Edie Head.
David Falter's 911 buggy won Best Engine.
Way to go gang! http://www.texasmanxclub.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1257
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Frontloader » 09 Sat Sep, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures. Always great to see these good looking buggies.

However, I have a question for the owners who have buggies without windshield wiper blades.

Do you pass state inspection without the wipers? If so, how and what is the rule on that?

Or do you pull the wipers off after inspection is passed?

Info on this from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ed
Frontloader
Buggy Driver

Postby carlos del carpio » 10 Sun Sep, 2006 2:20 am

inspect it without a windshield...
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 10 Sun Sep, 2006 11:00 am

looks like yall had fun
all i got was a crummy old swap meet to go to today
but im taking the buggy so at least I get a cruze out of the deal
congrats on yalls top 50

frontloader
winshield wipers are required for cars that came with them on a safety inspection in texas
was told must be mounted in the stock location
mine had the bumps in the hood for the wiper arms they said it had to have wipers working
I went back to put them in and they wouldent fit with all my gauges

so I just went the antique vehicle rout that did not require any inspection but Im limited to when I can drive it
hope this helps
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Wipers

Postby Patrick » 10 Sun Sep, 2006 11:11 am

Afraid to say it.. I've tried without the wipers. Doesn't pass.

I've taken Vdubs into get them inspected without the washer fluid and told the inspector due to this I'd really like for you to pull the wiper blade away from the window and turn it on so you can see that it works.

After you get it inspected you can take it off. I've passed with one blade on my buggy before. It swiped the whole window when it was on.

Reason why I tell the inspectors to pull the blade away is due to most of us don't have wiper fluid. If they turn it on and you have a bad balde 9 times out of 10 your blade will scratch your glass. Then you have to stare thru a half circle scratch to drive and later be out of some money to replace your glass.

I tell them if you don't pull the blade out to check it to see if it moves or not and you do it on my window and it scratches they are paying for the glass and kit to replace it. They always pull the blade away from the window and turn it on to see if it works.

There is a kit some place that shows you how to install a wiper that works. After the inspection you just take it off till the next inspection. It will only work on your buggies not a Manxter.
:(
Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 10 Sun Sep, 2006 8:47 pm

I just pull mine off after inspection.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Frontloader » 10 Sun Sep, 2006 9:24 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering if I was the only person who didn't know the secret for a wiperless inspection.

As far as the antique plates, I want to drive mine more then the milage allocated for those plates.

My wipers should not be a problem, but again, what I think and what happens may not be the same.
Frontloader
Buggy Driver

Return to General Discussion