Our Club as it stands

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Our Club as it stands

Postby Buggy1 » 13 Wed Sep, 2006 9:28 pm

I just wanted to share a thought or two about our club both to those who are new hear and those are old friends.

Our club has been together now four years. We have a lot of members and we all contribute to the success of our group.

When we first started it was a small group and we all put in our time and ourselves to make the club grow and grow.

I love to hear what is going on around the country from other clubs which brings me to this comment.

Other groups have had to deal with a few problems along the way and others have left their groups and started another club.

I am happy to say that even when we have had discussions about how to do things in the club we have maintained a respect for each others feelings. We have always welcomed open comments and suggestions. Some we followed, others we voted not to follow, yet we still are a well rounded club.

Even though I have had my share of medical problems including chemical build up which made me crazy, most of you have known that I am a goofy from the start. So crazy was not far away. Thanks for your patients with me and all the letters hoping for a quick recovery. Now if I can just not fall anymore and break more ribs, I'm good to go. Lets have a fun year.

Neal :)
Neal
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby Yellermanx » 14 Thu Sep, 2006 8:01 am

Even though I do not post here very often I do read this forum almost every day. The one thing I respect about this group is that there does not seem to be all the infighting that seems to be so prevalent on some of the other sites/clubs. This kind of stuff is very noticeable to someone on the outside looking in. I have also bought quite a few parts from David O. and have been very happy. You guys keep up the good work and hopefully someday I will be able to attend one of your Texas events, wish I was a little closer.

Chuck
Yellermanx
Buggy Builder

Postby carlos del carpio » 14 Thu Sep, 2006 5:48 pm

we do argue, honestly.. some things are not accepted and agreed by all..but we do TALK and ask before accuse, etc... we are all over 18, and behave as such, nuthin for respect for my Buggy Bruthas!

(and like Tyla, my sisters!)

peace!

vrooom~
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Russhebert » 14 Thu Sep, 2006 5:52 pm

I just wanted to add my 2 cents for what it is worth. I met Neal Decker in fort worth a year ago and just talking to him got me interested in this hobby and this club enough to start building my own buggy from a hawkeye frame. I had my problems from time to time along the way in this process but with the help I got from Neal and other members of this club I got it done and made it to Salado this year. I met a bunch of real good folks in this club and hope to meet more. Thanks for all the help and keep the best club that I have ever been in going strong.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby blackthree4me » 14 Thu Sep, 2006 8:57 pm

I know of many other sites and punch around from time to time but always come back home to the Texas Manx club
its not that I havent been welcomed on other sites or gotten very good info from them infact most of my research is dun outside of heer
I just like the company heer better
I have met almost all of the members (carlose - farron)
and have the ultimate respect for them all
they have indured the pain as I have
maybee the shows keep us together and we bite our toung so to speak while on the site.
I could trash talk Green Manx or F I Hawk (if I wanted to)
but then agin I know next month we would all be parked side by side having a great time
my dog taught me to not #@# where I eat
maybe some of the other folks shuld get themselves a good dog
Luv you guys
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion