Hey Bill K!!!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Hey Bill K!!!

Postby Faron » 15 Sun Oct, 2006 10:05 pm

When you had this body, did it have all of these itchy waves. I have sanded and sanded and sanded an.....
I am hand sanding it at this point, and just want to know that I am not screwing it up rather then fixing it. Ohh well my friend Carlos is going to come and check it out some time this week. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: Will it ever have paint? :lol:
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 15 Sun Oct, 2006 10:34 pm

I am?? :lol: :lol:
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 16 Mon Oct, 2006 12:45 pm

are you useing a long bord are you just useing your hand if you have waves you need to use a bord
richard king
Buggy Driver

Postby Faron » 16 Mon Oct, 2006 9:32 pm

I went to a local paint shop to get a few pointers. I had a Grey coat of primer, and a red coat of primer. So I sanded with the blocks that they sold me at the paint shop. Then once I think I have it close, I will rattle can a product from Tran star. It is called Low Spot Finder Guide Coat in Black. After I spray it on, I will sand it off and it will show me where the low spots are. WISH ME LUCK! HeHeHe
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 23 Mon Oct, 2006 9:42 pm

Itchy waves? Where on the body?
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 23 Mon Oct, 2006 9:56 pm

Everywhere!!!! My buddy Carlos at work suggested that I put a thin layer of Bondo over the whole body. Then when I hand sand it off it should fill everything in. Does this sound sane? He even told me that I was sanding in the wrong direction! Unless I am told otherwise by this group, I am going to sand it down and try his suggestion!

Dont get me wrong Bill, I am in no way shape or form blaming you for anything! I was just wondering if I screwed it up. Either way...I gotta fix it in order to be happy! HeHeHe
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 23 Mon Oct, 2006 9:59 pm

I know you're not blaming me for anything. What you bought is what I bought. I had plans to redo the body when I changed direction and went to using a new body, but I sure don't recall any waves.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion