where to find dune buggy exhaust pipes

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

where to find dune buggy exhaust pipes

Postby 94yj » 24 Tue Oct, 2006 9:30 pm

i am going to be buying a dune buggy this week and the exh pipes are rusted ie the chrome is thier a good place to buy the pipes and what is the normal price to pay any and all help appreciated

thanks
94yj

Postby David O' » 24 Tue Oct, 2006 10:23 pm

I don't know what kind you are looking for, but I have two sets listed on my site, and can get many more styles.
http://www.aircooledparts.com
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Mike & Mel » 25 Wed Oct, 2006 12:30 pm

The Sidewinder exhaust from Bruce Meyers is one of the best out there for low end torque, depending on the size of the motor. the Jet coated one will stay nice looking for a long time, and if something gets on it , it will clean up very easily. It also sounds great.

http://www.meyersmanx.com/mmstore/store-exhaust.shtml
Mike & Mel
Manx Club #2265
RBC - THE Place to Be. www.RBCdunebuggy.org
Texas Manx Club
One of T.O.P.s
Joe Poty Sand Rover
Mike & Mel
Buggy Nut

exhaust systems?

Postby garthom » 25 Wed Oct, 2006 6:54 pm

I bought a Sidewinder ceramic coated Meyers Manx exhaust system in April. To be blunt it was a piece of junk. Flanges fit poorly, ceramic coating was ugly, slip-in pipes were sloppy loose. Welded horizonal seam on muffler showed on front. Cost $300 with shipping. I paid shipping to return. 8 weeks later I received the 2nd one. It was not much better. Luckily for me it had been manhandled by freight company and damaged in transit. I trial fitted it anyway just to see if it was better & it wasn't. Sent this one back & got money refunded. I wasted over 2 months. Ordered a Trimil Bobtail like GregR's. $210 with shipping. Installed in about 15 minutes & fit like a glove. I also helped a friend install Trimil Bobcat on his buggy & it was high quality & good fit. Buy your parts from a local dealer if possible.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
garthom
Buggy Builder

Postby Mike & Mel » 29 Sun Oct, 2006 3:47 pm

Sorry to hear that. I got ours about 2 years ago, and havent had any issues with it.
Mike & Mel
Manx Club #2265
RBC - THE Place to Be. www.RBCdunebuggy.org
Texas Manx Club
One of T.O.P.s
Joe Poty Sand Rover
Mike & Mel
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion