Qualitat

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Qualitat

Postby David Head » 25 Tue Oct, 2005 9:23 am

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Doug at Qualitat this past Saturday. You see, I was having a heck of a time getting my Kadrons adjusted right. I had considered going elsewhere before I thought of Qualitat. When I called Doug at Qualitat he said to bring it on in. After doug tried to adjust the Kads without luck. We had to let the engine cool down to re-adjust the valves and check compression. To make a long story short, Doug found a problem with the bad carb, fixed it and I was back on the road.
This was the first time that I had used Doug at Qualitat. He has been at the same location since the early 70's. Qualitat is also an Empi distributer and his prices are very reasonable. We are very lucky to have such a skilled and knowledgeable sponser of our club.
I would highly recomend qualitat. Stop by and say "HI" and meet Doug. You never know when your goni to need him.
David Head
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Buggy1 » 25 Tue Oct, 2005 10:20 am

I can also speak of Doug's knowledge. Ihave kown Doug for Several years and got his name from Keith Wendsel. I like his down to earth old fashion service and attention to detail.

Doug has also gotten me things when I needed them and never rushed me to get out there and get em either.

For those who don't know, Doug is now a PRP Seat Distributor for this area.

Go by and see him.
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby Keith Wenzel » 25 Tue Oct, 2005 11:27 am

I'm sure Doug appreciates the business and the compliment. He has been one of the best sources for parts and service I have found. He always has time for simple questions (I know I have worn him out with mine).

And just to set the record straight, and it is not a big deal, Neal, but the last name is spelled "Wenzel".

Doug is also building rail buggies to sell. They look pretty darn good.
Father and Son Projects
Keith Wenzel
Buggy Driver

Postby Buggy1 » 25 Tue Oct, 2005 1:45 pm

Sorry Keith, I am on drugs...........going to have another chest opening surgery the first part f November and the pain as gotten tuff enough to require help drugwise. I thank you for bring Doug to my attentio years ago, it has been a great help
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby bobaganoosh » 03 Thu Nov, 2005 10:58 pm

I have bought all my parts from doug, he is the best,

he built my motor and I can't wait to see how it runs (1904 stroker)

prices are definately better than vw folks, if not better than most mail order catalogs.

I won't go anywhere else.

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion