super diff

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

super diff

Postby mufasa » 31 Wed Jan, 2007 12:51 am

Has any one installed a super diff in a swing axle? Any problems I should watch for? thanks for your time Mufasa
Mufasa Proud to be a Viet Nam Veteran.
mufasa
Buggy Builder

Postby David O' » 31 Wed Jan, 2007 9:03 am

You need to make sure the diff has the same dimentions as the unit your pulling out. Is it swing or IRS?
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby mufasa » 31 Wed Jan, 2007 11:28 am

It is a super diff for a swing axle and is going into a swing axle.
mufasa
Buggy Builder

Postby David O' » 31 Wed Jan, 2007 11:36 am

I have done those, first, check the number of bolt holes in the super diff and see if they match the diff unit in your transmission.
Removing the bearings is hard to do, but can be done, and you just have to make sure you don't damage the bearings when removing them.
Watch for any spacer "rings" and note which side they are one and do the same for the bearings.
Measure the length of the new diff to the old diff and make sure they are the same.
Reinstall the pieces just like they came off and if the dimentions are the same on the diffs, the unit will have the right "mesh" when reinstalled.
I hope this helps!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby mufasa » 31 Wed Jan, 2007 12:10 pm

It has dual bolt pattern for early and late ring gear. Yes it helps alot. Thanks :D :D
mufasa
Buggy Builder

Return to Technical Talk