OOOOH, just wait till you see what I did!!!

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

OOOOH, just wait till you see what I did!!!

Postby David O' » 14 Fri Jul, 2006 10:33 pm

Aluminum block, counterweighted crank, 120 cam, light lifters, new H beam rods, big valve heads, 94mm bore, all new metal, dual 44 HPMX carbs, balenced, blueprinted, and just about ready to rock.....want to see a pic?Image
[/img]
Last edited by David O' on 18 Fri Aug, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 14 Fri Jul, 2006 11:10 pm

oh yeah! is this the engine you are going to give me for being such a nice guy? hahaha yeah, let's see a few pics!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 06 Sun Aug, 2006 6:39 pm

WEll, it lives and no leaks, nothing flying off, YEA! Punching the throttle on this just about rips the engine off of the stand! And wouldn't you know it, just after I fire this thing up, NOW a cold front comes through and it isn't 145 degrees outside in the sun! Just my luck! Anyway, I'm going to try to enclose the picture of this!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 06 Sun Aug, 2006 7:05 pm

Man, trying to get a picture off of photobucket and put in on this forum is the @#@####%$#%#%#$ thing I've ever tried to do! I just give up!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 08 Tue Aug, 2006 9:10 pm

david just right click the image tag on photobucket

copy and paste it here

should look like [img]your%20pic%20here[/img]

and viola should come right up

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby David O' » 18 Fri Aug, 2006 12:12 am

Ok, I finally got the picture to load.........so it is now at the begining of this post! $#% that was not fun. But I will try to get the "pattern down" So I will be able to do this.....there are a lot of pictures that I will put up about this engine if you guys want to see them!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 18 Fri Aug, 2006 9:02 pm

I want to see them!! That is very cool looking!!! What would something like that cost, but the tins painted to match whatever Buggy? Hint Hint Hint
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 18 Fri Aug, 2006 9:45 pm

I will get them loaded, and then put them up on my gallery! As far as the cost goes, it has so many variables, that I quote them one at a time. It is the only way to be fair!
This one has new everything, including the block, counterweighted crank, crank gears, dist drive, bearings, flywheel, disc, pressure plate, dist, compufire, wires, alternator, stand, pulleys, H-beam rods, 94mm pistons, new heads with 40mm intakes and 35.5mm exhaust valves, dual springs, HD rocker shafts, new rocker arms, chromoly push rods, stainless steel push rod tubes (no rusting on those babies), 120 engle cam, lightweight lifters, full flow kit, swivel feet adjusters, new adjuster lock nuts, aluminum valve covers, aluminum sump plate, chromoly head studs, breather box system, 44 HPMX dual carburator kit, generator fan, fan hub kit, all sheet metal for the engine, and a really expensive ceramic coated exhaust system. The customer bought the exhaust system himself.
The cost for this was $6000.00 (not counting the exhaust) The estimated HP is about 125 HP! (conserv.) That included having it dynamically balanced.
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 1:43 am

woops, double post....sorry
Last edited by MURZ on 19 Sat Aug, 2006 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 1:50 am

So 6k for a 1915? Wow!!! That exhaust is about 700, but it is the best. Looks nice and should really move out!!!

I just went froma 2276 to a 1776 in my new vert and I feel like the brakes are dragging. Next year, when I have more money, another 2276 just like I had in my buggy will be built. :lol: :lol:

And David, I love the look of the black tin----clean!!!!
Madisonville La

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 1:53 am

David, concerning photobucket, under each pic there will be three boxes, url, tag, and img. What you wnat to do is move your mouse over the text in the img box and left click it to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, right click it and choose copy. Now take that "stuff" and just "drop it " into the body of text of your reply, from the reply screen. You will have to right click again and hit paste. The command to post a pic is already in the "stuff" in the IMG box, so you don't have to use the IMG commands in the reply box, photobucket has already done this for you.
Try it.
hope this helps,
MURZ
Madisonville La

MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 9:37 am

I'm correcting my last post!!!
The engine cost $4600.......the other expence is the crating fee, shipping, and the exhaust was $946.00.......THE GUY HAS $6000 in this project!
David O'
Buggyholic

engine

Postby Texasbuggys » 19 Sat Aug, 2006 3:02 pm

looks sweet!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 20 Sun Aug, 2006 9:00 pm

sorry I didn't come over david

I had one sick kid and my wife had to go somewhere with the other so it left me at home babysitting

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby SeanS » 13 Fri Oct, 2006 7:07 am

good lord that is a pretty penny for a pretty engine. For that much I would expect it to rub my feet while I drive it. Only kidding, your buggy should be the fastest thing on the street, I don't know about the dunes.
:D
who ever said "you can do anything you put your mind to" where full of poop.
SeanS
Buggy Builder

Postby David O' » 14 Sat Oct, 2006 11:01 am

I got a call from the owner of the engine....real happy! He said that the rear end of the car tried to drive under the front end! LOL! We talked a few minutes, and to make a long story short.....the thing goes from 900 to 6000 RPM so fast that he said it was almost more than he could take!
Ok, so I'm happy with the end result!
David O'
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk