SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Discussion for the upcoming Buggy RoundUp VI Sept. 1 and 2, 2012

Moderator: Bill K

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Postby Bill K » 01 Sun Jul, 2012 9:01 pm

THE SCHEDULE COULD GET TWEAKED A BIT SO: SO PLEASE STAY TUNED

PLEASE NOTE: MY GOAL IS, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, TO PUT TOGETHER AN EVENT THAT IS MEMORABLE AND FUN FOR EVERYONE. BUT, PLEASE KNOW THAT NONE OF THE ACTIVITIES ARE MANDATORY. IF YOU WANT TO SKIP SOMETHING, THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL OBLIGATED OR PRESSURED TO TAKE PART IN AN ACTIVITY IF THEY PREFER NOT TO DO SO.

FRIDAY: 7:00 - 10:00 PM EARLY BIRD MEET & GREET- Comfort, Texas We will gather in the Mercantile Bldg screen porch at the Meyer Bed & Breakfast for a finger-food social with lots of visiting and laughs. Bring your own finger food and a little to share. Soft drinks, napkins, plates, cups, utensils and desserts will be provided.

SATURDAY: About 9:15 AM: KENDALL COUNTY FAIR PARADE - Boerne, Texas We will be participants in this fun-filled parade. The parade route is about 1.5 miles long down Main Street with wall-to-wall spectators all the way. Remember, we can throw treats to the kids, and there are lots of them. We are entry # 50 out of 98 entries, and we are ahead of the Shriners :D . This year they did not provide a staging area. When you arrive at the parade, provide our Entry Number (50) and you will be directed to our staging area. For those not staying in Comfort (we will be arriving as a group) you will need to enter Main Street from the North end (Adler Rd end)
Immediately Following the Parade we will be going over to Cheesey Jane's for a burgers & fries lunch together, where we have a table reserved for our group.

SATURDAY: 1:00 - 2:30 PM, SHOW & TELL We will gather our buggies at Boerne's Downtown Plaza for the public to come and see and visit with their owners. There may be some who will want to leave the Show & Tell early, and that's perfectly fine.

SATURDAY: After 2:30 PM, FREE TIME This is a time set aside for folks to do whatever they want. I know a group is planning a trek out to Casa Del Rio in Hunt, Texas. Though I've not been there, those who have, say it's a fantastic place to relax, visit, and swim in the Guadalupe as well as enjoy the very gracious hospitality of Rick Matteson's mom, Betty. There is no official time for you to arrive at Casa, so if you want to relax a bit and go out there later that's also an option. Ken Phillips will have maps to Casa Del Rio available.

Below is a link to a previous visit to Casa Del Rio to give you an idea of what it's like. A picture is worth a thousand words, and these pics leave no doubt as to the wonderful experience that awaits all who go:
http://casadelrioriverhouse.com/2011/10 ... a-del-rio/

BUT, please remember, I want this to be a time for everyone at the Roundup to do with as they please.

SUNDAY: 9:30 AM, CRUISE We will gather in Downtown Comfort for a short devotional and then depart for a cruise through the Hill Country. The Cruise will include a stop in Bandera for Market Days on the Courthouse Square. There will be a lunch stop in Tarpley at the VFD's Homecoming Celebration. BBQ plates with all the trimmings will be served for $8 / plate and includes iced tea. Desserts will also be availble for sale. If BBQ is not your thing, feel free to take a picnic lunch to enjoy with us, on the grounds. There will also be a stop at the Medina Apple Store.
I apologize to our Roundup Veterans, some of the roads and stops are those we've done before. But, because there will be several new folks joining us for the Roundup I thought some of what we've done before was worth repeating.

SUNDAY NIGHT 7:00 PM, A "Happy Trails" group meal at El Rio Mexican Restaurant in Boerne, where we have a room reserved for our group.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Postby Bill K » 13 Fri Jul, 2012 8:07 pm

I just sent in our Entry Form for the parade. I again asked them to put us in front of the Shriners. Maybe it will work this time. ;-)
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 01 Wed Aug, 2012 9:15 pm

Posted this itinerary on the Samba. Maybe get some exposure over there 8-)
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 02 Thu Aug, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks a bunch, Brian. I also have us in Hot VW's Calendar of Events.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 11 Sat Aug, 2012 2:04 pm

8-)
Last edited by BrianB on 15 Wed Aug, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 12 Sun Aug, 2012 11:21 am

Hope to have Sunday's Cruise details worked out by the end of the week. Linda and I are planning a trip to the Hill Country Thursday & Friday to run some routes and make sure the roads are good and get and idea of cruise timing.

I'm waiting on our staging instructions from the Kendall County Fair Parade and as soon as I have those I will be posting those up.

It's getting close and I'm getting excited.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 12 Sun Aug, 2012 12:23 pm

SATURDAY - After Parade We have a table reserved at Cheesy Jane's (Burgers & Fries) for after the Parade for those who want to come.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 12 Sun Aug, 2012 2:39 pm

8-)
Last edited by BrianB on 15 Wed Aug, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 14 Tue Aug, 2012 9:48 pm

Linda and I are leaving Thursday for the Hill Country. We will be doing a double check of the Sunday cruise route just to be sure the roads are all good and check out some other details.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 15 Wed Aug, 2012 12:26 pm

Bill, Just checked out the revised Schedule of Events.
Has the Show and Shine on the square after lunch at Cheesy Jane's been dropped?
No problem if it has, just wanted to make sure I understood.

As I read it, some can go straight out to Casa del Rio (Betty's place) and others may go back to rest up after the parade and
then head out for the Casa a bit later in the afternoon?
Thanks
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 15 Wed Aug, 2012 2:33 pm

Yes, the Show & Tell is canceled and the Casa Del Rio trip has taken it's place. And, you are also right about leaving. Some folks may want to go right away, but I also wanted to allow others a chance to take a break before we leave for Casa Del Rio.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 15 Wed Aug, 2012 5:24 pm

Sweet, cant wait to see the Casa 8-)
Last edited by BrianB on 16 Thu Aug, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 15 Wed Aug, 2012 5:26 pm

How far is the Casa fromm Boerne??
Last edited by BrianB on 16 Thu Aug, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 15 Wed Aug, 2012 8:29 pm

Brian, I'm sorry you are disappointed but it was a necessary change for me to make.

Yes, Casa Del Rio will hold us all and it will be a really nice place for us to visit and relax. I apologize if I have caused you any inconvenience.

billk
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 16 Thu Aug, 2012 11:03 am

Dang, this is gonna be fun! Can't wait to see everyone!!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 18 Sat Aug, 2012 11:02 am

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS REVISION I've again made some revisions to the Roundup Schedule. The major change is the Show & Tell is back but has been shortened and Cruise details are now available. I hope you will bear with me as I work to get things finalized.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 18 Sat Aug, 2012 11:07 am

ROOM AVAILABLE Unfortunately, Russell and Christi Hebert will not be able to make the Roundup this year. Russell needs to have another back procedure done to help relieve his pain, so please remember him in your prayers. They have made every Roundup and they will be sorely missed.
They have a room booked a the Meyer B & B and before they cancel it they wanted to make it available to anyone who may want to take their reservation.
If you are interested please contact them at: 817-229-0633 or bubbahebert@sbcglobal.net
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 18 Sat Aug, 2012 11:08 am

SWEEP VEHICLE Is there anyone who will not be participating in Sunday's Cruise that would be willing to do sweep duty? We need a driver, vehicle, and trailer.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 21 Tue Aug, 2012 9:56 am

Bill K wrote:Russell and Christi Hebert will not be able to make the Roundup this year.

Sorry to hear this Russell. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Best of luck.

And Bill... this is a fantastic looking schedule... going to be a great weekend... we can't wait.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby staggerwing » 21 Tue Aug, 2012 10:02 am

Thumbs up and a speedy recovery! Selfishly, the thought of a cool Mellow Yellow quinching our thirst after a day in the warm Texas sun, slowly fade away....

Cheers!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 23 Thu Aug, 2012 8:51 pm

After three years of trying, I've finally succeeded in getting us ahead of the Shriners in the Parade :D :D . I got a call today saying we would be ahead of them and our entry number would be somewhere around #39. In fact we should also be ahead of the Jeep Club and the Corvette Club also.
I will be receiving confirmation on our number and staging area soon and will post it up as soon as I have it.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Fri Aug, 2012 3:39 pm

A FEW NEW ITEMS:
MST has donated one of their Sepentine Pulley Systems to the Roundup. Sunday's Cruise will feature a Poker Run and that will be the prize for the winner. They have also provided $15 coupons for their products. So, if you don't win the Poker Run and you've been thinking about ordering from them, this will be a great opportunity to save $15.

MST is a great company with very high quality products as well as very nice owners. They are Club Sponsors and have been a big supporter of our Club so I hope you will remember to support them also.

Last night Bandera City Council approved the closing of Hackberry Street next to the Court House for our parking use when we stop there for Market Days.

The Bandera Days Celebration organization is providing us with $5 coupons for the Medina Store for our use when we stop there on our Cruise.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 24 Fri Aug, 2012 4:10 pm

Bill K wrote:A FEW NEW ITEMS:
MST has donated one of their Serpentine Pulley Systems to the Roundup.

Wow that is a fantastic gift.

If your not familiar with their products, here is a pic of their solid pulley design.
They offer many designs. Click the picture to go to their web site.

I get all kinds of compliments on all my cool MST parts.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby BrianB » 24 Fri Aug, 2012 5:27 pm

So how many miles is the Sunday cruise?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 25 Sat Aug, 2012 6:06 pm

More than 70, and less than 100. :)
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 26 Sun Aug, 2012 9:34 pm

PLEASE SEE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR PARADE INSTRUCTIONS.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 27 Mon Aug, 2012 9:36 am

For me, I like to print out some of the weekend details and carry around with me.
Helps keep me on track. I have compiled some of Bill's agenda, included some maps and other tidbits of information.

I have converted it to a printable file, available for anyone that may want it.
Round Up VI Information Packet
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 30 Thu Aug, 2012 8:53 am

PARKING AT THE MEYER B&B:Out of courtesy to other guests at the Meyer we have been asked to be sure we take only one guest parking place per room. Shane has provided a parking area directly across the street for trailers and/or tow vehicles and there is also some limited street-side and non-guest space available.
Thanks for your cooperation with this.

KEN: Thank you a bunch for the great job on the Information Packet.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby RobertB » 30 Thu Aug, 2012 10:54 am

Ken,

Thanks very much for the info packet. It's extremely helpful, especially for newbee first timers, such as myself.

. . . . . . . . . Robert
RobertB
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 31 Fri Aug, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks Robert...
I have printed a few of these and will have them available at the M&G this evening.
See y'all in just a bit.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to RoundUp VI