Up to date information

2013 Memorial Day Weekend
May 24, 25 and 26 (Fri, Sat and Sun)
Marble Falls, Texas

Moderators: Bill K, GregR

Up to date information

Postby Faron » 07 Thu Feb, 2013 11:06 pm

We blocked 15 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, if we need more I am told that we can make that happen. When you call (830)693-0707 make your reservations tell them you are with the Buggy Blast and you will get the "Special Rate" of $119.00 per night. (You will not be able to book by website and get the special rate.) I know that there is a really cool RV Park right by the river for all the RV people. I'm not sure of the name but I will find out next time I am in Marble Falls.
The city park that we are able to use for the Show and Shine is only available on a first come first serve basis. Due to the heat, that works to our advantage. I would like to get the Show-N-Shine started around 8:00 to 8:30AM. We could say that it is between Noon and 2:00PM. People can go back to their rooms to cool off, or we could go for a afternoon drive in the Buggies. This is something that we can figure out on Saturday.
I am thinking that it would be a lot of fun if we all had diner Saturday evening. (You will be welcome to join, or you can do your own thing. (Also this would be a Dutch meal.) I am not sure of the restaurant as of the time I am writing this, but I am planning to head to Marble Falls this weekend. I will be looking at the following Restaurants River City Grill, Francisco, and Blue Bonnet Grill. You are more then welcome to go to the website and give me your input.
http://www.francescomf.com
http://www.rivercitygrilletx.com
http://www.bluebonnetcafe.net
Sunday will be the day of the drive. I have an idea of the route but I am still not 100% sure of it as I have not driven it yet. I plan to make a trip up to Marble Falls this weekend, but nothing is set in stone yet. I have plenty of time to figure out the rest, I will let you know more information as I figure it out.
Last edited by Faron on 09 Sat Feb, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: Up to date information

Postby Bill K » 08 Fri Feb, 2013 11:15 am

Looks like you are on top of this, Faron. Thanks.

I've booked a room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

And, a slight correction on the phone number: It is 830-693-0707. The 0909 is their fax number.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 20 Wed Feb, 2013 11:05 pm

This is the hotel that we set the reservations up at. We drove around but didn't go in, seems like a really nice place.
This is where we will be able to park trailers and tow vehicles. In fact this parking lot is a large reason we decided to go with this hotel. Perhaps where a few of us will hang out and drink a few cold beverages after the sun goes down.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 09 Sat Mar, 2013 9:42 pm

Faron,
Haven't seen any late model postings on the Buggy Blast. Is everything going according to plan?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 14 Thu Mar, 2013 4:29 pm

Maybe Faron's too busy getting the buggy put together? Is there any hope?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 14 Thu Mar, 2013 9:49 pm

No, my Buggy will for sure NOT be finished in time to drive it in the Buggy Blast. However I will be driving a 4 Door Tundra, with a 16' flatbed trailer to use as a sweep truck. I will be following everyone with coolers full of refreshments. It's kind of a bummer, but I have a lot going on.
With all that being said I am going to make a few changes. I have been told that 130 miles is to long in a Street Buggy, and I should try to trim it down to about 80 miles with a few fun stops along the way. I am thankful for the advice, and more then willing to listen.
With that being said, I am going to send a email to a few people to see if I can get a little help.

Thanks in advance,
Faron
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 21 Thu Mar, 2013 11:36 pm

Not to long ago, I asked Ken if he would give me a hand in the organizing of the Buggy Blast, All i have to say is Thank You for saying yes, and Thank you for all your help. In fact I can't thank him enough, and I KNOW it will help make this Buggy Blast a success! Thank You Thank You Thank You

Here pretty quick Ken will be posing up information about how we can all get t-shirts with the logo I am using for my Avatar.

Again Thank You Ken, you are helping Keeping my overly busy, ADHD, self on task.

Thanks,
Faron
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 27 Wed Mar, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm sorry for being so quiet lately, but I have been really busy with a new job & finishing up a home build. (Not finished yet).
Ken and I have been working on a schedule for Buggy Blast 11 via email. I will be posting it up tomorrow evening, for everyone to see. Get your buggies shined up, and your bags packed because Ken and I are going to make sure you have a blast!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 28 Thu Mar, 2013 10:53 pm

Buggy Blast X1
Marble Falls, Texas
Memorial Day Weekend ( May 25, 26)
Host Club - The Texas Manx Club But it is open to all classic VW's
***Friday Evening***
I decided on the Holiday Inn Express as the "Official Hotel" because they have a nice parking lot where everyone can park their Tow vehicle & trailers. This parking lot is large enough for people to hang out Friday evening.
***Saturday***
We will meet at the park (To be announced) for the Show-N-Shine at 9:00 AM, and will stay at the park until 1:00PM. I will have 3 Shade Tents for the group to use, but ask that you bring your own chairs. I will be in a Pick Up, so I will be happy to haul them to and from the Show-N-Shine. For those that might want to go on a late afternoon drive starting out at about 3:00 or so. Ken has mapped out a great route, that will start out at Marble Falls, then over to Kingsland, Inks Lake, Buchanan-East, Burnet, Canyon, and then back to the hotel in Marble Falls. In the evening we can hang out by the pool, in the parking lot near our Buggies, or we can get some sleep in our rooms.
***Sunday***
Sunday morning will be the day we go on the drive, or cruise as most of us call it. We will leave the Holiday Inn Express Parking lot at 9:00AM. It will go like this... Marble Falls, Longhorn, Inks Lake (Stop for a little rest), Buchanan-West, Llano (We will stop to walk around at the Classic Carshow, someone will stay with the buggies if needed) Kingsland, Horseshoe Bay, and back to Marble Falls. We will let everyone rest at the hotel for a little while, but will have a Club diner at River City Grill at 6:30.
Host Hotel
Holiday Inn Express
714 Corazon Dr.
Marble Falls, Texas 78654
830-693-0707 - Call and mention The Buggy Blast for a special rate
River City Grill
700 First St.
830-798-9909
http://www.rivercitygrilletx.com
RV Parks: (Sorry no special arraignments available)
River View RV Park
200 Old River Rd.
830-693-3910
Sunset Point on Lake LBJ
2322 North Wirtz Dam Rd.
830-798-8199
http://www.sunsetpoint.com

If you have a Facebook please invite all you Classic VW friends to join us at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/116985648468740/
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 29 Fri Mar, 2013 8:31 am

Sounds great, Faron.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 29 Fri Mar, 2013 9:37 am

Looks like a great plan Faron!
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby ScottR » 29 Fri Mar, 2013 2:33 pm

Great job Faron. I have printed this out and this is my play by play.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby BrianB » 23 Tue Apr, 2013 1:52 pm

Buggy Blast is next up. Everyone have their cars ready? Looks to be a great gathering. Do you have an estimate of how many people so far? What park did you end up making arrangments to have a show and shine at? Sorry we missed you at the Classic.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 24 Wed Apr, 2013 3:09 pm

Well... I'm out.... something unexpected has come up. I have provided Faron with a couple cruise options. Have fun.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Gary » 25 Thu Apr, 2013 5:36 pm

This is my first Buggy Blast-looking forward to finally meetin some of you.
Been a long time lurker here.
Was wondering if there's an entry fee or registration before the show?
What kind of things do I need to bring, like are there places to eat near the park ?
Will there be awards?
Gary
Gary
Buggy Dude

Postby Faron » 25 Thu Apr, 2013 10:29 pm

Gary wrote:This is my first Buggy Blast-looking forward to finally meetin some of you.
Been a long time lurker here.
Was wondering if there's an entry fee or registration before the show?
What kind of things do I need to bring, like are there places to eat near the park ?
Will there be awards?
Gary

We are looking forward to meeting you as well. Heck, I have been this club for close to 10 years myself, and only talked face to face with Bill & Corey.
There is no fee to enter the show.
Bring whatever you like, and the show will be real informal so you will be able to jump in your Buggy to get something to eat if you want.
Again this is a very informal event, so we will not have awards.
I hope this helps.

Faron
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 28 Sun Apr, 2013 9:01 am

Hey Gary: We are looking forward to getting to meet you.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Gary » 10 Fri May, 2013 9:20 pm

well dang it, looks like I'll only be be able to make it up on Saturday mornin sometime..
What park is the show gonna be at and are there any direction?
Lookin forwerd to meetin ya'll
GARY
Gary
Buggy Dude

Postby Faron » 10 Fri May, 2013 11:51 pm

The park is Adam Johnson Park, and the website is http://www.ci.marble-falls.tx.us/johnson_park.html.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Gary » 11 Sat May, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks Faron. Lookin forwerd to meetin ya'll
GARY
Gary
Buggy Dude

Postby RobertB » 12 Sun May, 2013 8:49 pm

Faron, thanks for making all these arrangements for the Buggy Blast.
Do you know exactly where in Johnson Park we will be gathering? I understand there are several pavillions available. I guess I should first ask, are we going to be at a pavillions?

Thanks,
Bob
RobertB
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » 12 Sun May, 2013 11:05 pm

I looked at who has reserved pavillions and baseball field and I did not see us? Is the reservation under another name or are we at a pavillion?

Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 14 Tue May, 2013 12:07 am

I was told that it is on a first come first first served basis.

I am afraid that I have some news that may upset a few of you. I have been talking to my Manager about taking the weekend of the Buggy Blast off. Please understand that as a new guy to a auto retail center it is always very difficult to take a Saturday off, and it is even more difficult to get a Holiday weekend off. I am sure that you all can figure out by now, but I know that I will not be able to make it for any day but Sunday. (We are closed on Sundays.) I apologise, for any problems this may cause, but I have got to keep myself in good standing at work. I am the main bread winner in our family. I have everything as planned out as I can. If someone would like to step up to the plate to take my place, please get in touch with me via private message. I will give you all the information I have.
Again, I appologise for any problems that this may cause. But I have to do what I have to do.

Thanks,
Faron
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 14 Tue May, 2013 10:23 am

The good news, Texas Manx Club has reserved Pavilion 3 at Johnson Park, Marble Falls, TX on Saturday May 25th, for all day.

The bad news, this does not include parking, there is no grass parking and we may not reserve/rope spaces off. So, we'll just have to see how this works out for us. It will be a busy weekend.

I am working to rearrange my weekend, so I can be there, given this new development. I have little concern about this group hooking up and having a good time. Can't wait to see most of you there.

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 14 Tue May, 2013 12:31 pm

Faron wrote:If someone would like to step up to the plate to take my place, please get in touch with me via private message. I will give you all the information I have.

NO, NO, NO... This will not be passed off like a Jersey Shores reality bimbo! For Christ sakes...

Just contacted the the Hotel and there are still rooms at the TMC discounted rate available.
Only 10 days out, so make your plans now.

Lodging Details here - Holiday Inn Express
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 14 Tue May, 2013 3:56 pm

Kudo's to you, Ken, for stepping up to salavage the Blast. I agree, whatever we end up doing, I know we will have a "BLAST".

Let me know if I can do anything to help you out.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 15 Wed May, 2013 8:33 pm

This thread is being lock.
If you don't find a logical place to post your comment, feel free to start a new thread.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to BUGGY BLAST XI