EVENT SCHEDULE

2014 Labor Day Weekend
August 30 and 31 (Sat and Sun)
Boerne, Texas

Moderator: Bill K

EVENT SCHEDULE

Postby Bill K » 23 Wed Jul, 2014 5:29 pm

Here is the schedule for Buggy Roundup VIII

Friday: 7:00 pm: EARLY BIRD MEET & GREET: This will be a bring-your-own drinks and finger food get together for those arriving Friday. Paper goods, cups, utensils, will be provided. It will be at the Hampton Inn Boerne. The hotel is providing the Conference Room at no charge, but they did ask me to be sure non-guests don't use the pool. I think it's probably an insurance liability issue, but certainly understandable.

Saturday: 9:00 - 9:30 am (at the latest): KENDALL COUNTY FAIR PARADE: The parade route is about 1.5 miles long down Main Street with wall-to-wall spectators all the way. We can throw treats to the kids, and there are lots of them. I'm not scheduled to get our entry number until a week before the Parade. SO, PLEASE STAY TUNED ON THIS ONE When you arrive at the parade, provide our Entry Number and you will be directed to our staging area. You will need to enter Main Street from the North end (Adler Rd end).

Saturday: Lunch: Immediately after the parade we have tables reserved at Cheesy Jane's, a 50's Burger and Shake place in Boerne.

Saturday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm: SHOW & TELL AT THE PLAZA: This will be a gathering of Buggies at the Downtown Plaza Square for the public to come see the Buggies and visit with the owners. It's also a great time for some relaxed visiting under the shade trees. So, you may want to bring lawn chairs and coolers.

Saturday Evening/Night: FREE TIME: This time is reserved for everyone to be able to kick back & do whatever strikes their fancy. Likewise, this is a time if someone wants to organize something, you are welcome to do so.

Sunday: 9:00 am: HILL COUNTRY CRUISE: Everyone will again meet at the Downtown Plaza for a devotional and then a scenic cruise through the Hill Country. The cruise should be around 90 miles. A lunch stop is again planned at the Tarpley VFD Benefit Barbeque. Plates last year were $9 each, which includes drink and dessert. MST Motorsports will be donating a prize for the Poker Run, which will be a part of the Cruise. The last card to decide the winner will be drawn at the Group Dinner on Sunday. The Cruise is being planned by a very creative and imaginative lady: Sandy Mechler. So, you never know what else she may have up her sleeve. :D

Sunday: 7:00 pm: GROUP DINNER: We have a conference room reserved at El Rio Mexican Restaurant in Boerne.

PLEASE NOTE; The Roundup is meant to be a relaxed event. So, while there is a Schedule of Events, you are free to participate in what you want. There is no obligation or pressure to have to do everything we have planned.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: EVENT SCHEDULE

Postby ScottR » 23 Wed Jul, 2014 9:46 pm

Looks good. Thank you sir. See y'all then.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby BrianB » 26 Sat Jul, 2014 10:48 am

Just a note on the cruise from someone that has roadrage syndrome :mrgreen: Please be cognoscente of regular traffic coming up behind you and move over when safe. This will keep the buggy line a little more organized and there will be waves with a full hand instead of waves with a single finger 8-)
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 05 Tue Aug, 2014 10:03 pm

ATTENTION: SLIGHT SCHEDULE CHANGE After consultations with our Cruise Director, aka Sandy, the departure time for our Sunday Cruise has been changed from 9:30 AM to 9:00 AM.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 3:36 pm

MEET & GREET: As stated previously the Meet & Greet is a bring your own finger foods, snacks, drinks, etc. Plates, cups, utensils, & napkins will be provided.

However, it would be a big help if someone could volunteer to bring a cooler of ice for cold drinks.

Is there anyone that could do that for us?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby boltman » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 4:49 pm

Hey Bill:

I will bring a cooler with ice for the drinks. Can't wait to meet you guys!!
boltman
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate that.

And we are anxious to get to meet you. I know this is a group you will enjoy being around.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Sun Aug, 2014 10:13 am

For all of you good folks who will be coming to the Roundup for the first time, this photo will give you an idea of what to expect in the Parade Saturday morning. Remember, bring lots of treats. :D

Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Sun Aug, 2014 5:19 pm

Oh, I'll probably bring enough sweets for the Free World :lol: . So anxious to see all our longtime Buggy Buds. It's been way too long for me. And to get to meet all our new members. ..........Linda ( PS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Richard Mechler! )
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 25 Mon Aug, 2014 10:18 am

WOW! THANKS!!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 25 Mon Aug, 2014 10:26 am

Linda K wrote:( PS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Richard Mechler! )

That explains the smell of smoke and higher than normal temperature yesterday.
Happy belated Staggerwing.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Porter » 25 Mon Aug, 2014 7:16 pm

OK Richard how old????
Happy birthday!!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 26 Tue Aug, 2014 8:24 am

younger than Ken..
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 26 Tue Aug, 2014 9:32 am

HAHaha...
Hey Richard, how many fire department's did it take to put your birthday cake out this year?
Or did your family start using the numbers candles when you hit three digits?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby staggerwing » 26 Tue Aug, 2014 9:51 am

HaHaHa...

Sandy made brownies this year, really. REALLY, good brownies! They were all gone the next day!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 7:52 am

Did they have a special herb in them ?
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 8:38 am

PARADE INSTRUCTIONS: Finally, I have received our parade information. You will note throwing candy and treats to the kids is no longer allowed. It would have been nice and considerate if they had said that from the start. :x :x :x So, now I've got a bunch of stuff with nowhere to go with it, and I'm sure a lot of you do too.

I sure plan to let them know about not giving us advance notice about the candy. :x Letting us know 3 days before the parade is just not right and somebody sure dropped the ball by not letting me know this until today.

So, if you guys can come up with some ideas of how we can use all this for a good and benevolent purpose please let's get some ideas going.

As soon as I figure out how to post the pdf map they sent I will have that posted up.

You will note they say the line up starts at 8:00 AM. We usually get there about 9:00 AM and that seems to work just fine.

INSTRUCTIONS RECEIVED:

Hello & Welcome to the upcoming 2014 Kendall County Fair Parade! The parade will take place on Saturday, August 30th.
Parade Line-Up will begin at 8:00 AM! - - - Parade will begin promptly at 10:00 AM!

Attached you will find the parade line-up and map of the parade. When you arrive to the Parade, you will be greeted by a Parade Committee member who will direct you to your Parade Line-Up spot.
REMINDERS:
- If you have live animals in the parade, you must use "horse diapers" (manure catchers) or provide a "poop cart & crew" to clean up the streets of manure during the parade.
- The City of Boerne will no longer allow candy and/or other items to be thrown from the parade floats or vehicles. Candy and/or other items may be handed out to parade participants via walkers that walk along side your float or vehicle.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 8:46 am

Everyone's younger than Ken. Lol
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 10:11 am

Well, here's what I have found out. Apparently, this has been a rule they have had for all many years. However, due to an incident at another parade in Boerne they have decided to enforce it for this year's parade. So, now it's become a matter of Enforcement instead of Turning a Blind Eye.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 11:40 am

David Head wrote:Everyone's younger than Ken. Lol

Great to hear from you Mr Head... I think!

Here's the parade map Bill mentioned. Although I think this doesn't provide much more information over what they provided in the text Bill included.
Last year, from the Hampton Inn, we drove up School St and entered Main St and the parade stagging from the north side.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 11:50 am

Parade Line Up. We are listed at number 18.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for getting that posted up, Ken.

At least one bit of good news today is that we are early in the parade (#18) and I was able to get us ahead of the Shriners.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby boltman » 28 Thu Aug, 2014 6:26 pm

I just got back to the house with [b]10 pounds[b] of tootsie rolls!! I ain't takin them back either. Hopefully someone can help me in and out of my buggy after cunsuming them on my 5 hour trip down there....................... :roll:
boltman
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » 28 Thu Aug, 2014 8:33 pm

An idea for the candy...since we are in the Main Plaza after lunch and the parade, maybe have it available for the onlookers? Just an idea.

Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 28 Thu Aug, 2014 9:05 pm

That's a good idea, Scott. Bryan Porter had mentioned the same thing to me the other day.

Instead of "Show & Tell" it will be "Candy at the Plaza" :D
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Round Up VIII