ACCOMMODATIONS: Schulenburg

2015 Labor Day Weekend
September 5 & 6
Schulenburg, Texas

Moderator: Bill K

ACCOMMODATIONS: Schulenburg

Postby Ken » 04 Sat Jul, 2015 8:44 am

Holiday Inn Express 979-307-5555 We have a block of 12 Double Queen rooms blocked out for the Roundup. The rate will be $129 and they are comping me the conference room for the Meet & Greet. When you book you may be able to get a Single King room. They also have a designated trailer parking area which will be helpful. When booking tell them you are with the Dune Buggy group. Also, after August 18th I will loose any of the 12 rooms not booked.

Best Western 979-743-2030 The Best Western is very close to the Holiday Inn. Linda and I checked it out also and thought the Holiday Inn to be much nicer accommodations. But, they offered me a rate of $99 but would not give me a block of rooms. They too have trailer parking.

Schulenburg RV Park 979-743-4388. This is a small, but very nice RV Park and is very close to the hotels run by some very nice people. But, all I could get was a block of 5 sites.

Colorado Landing RV Park 979-702-9059 This is a very nice and large RV Park located in La Grange, Texas. I couldn't get a block of sites reserved, but as of last weekend they had 14 sites available for Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, none of the available sites are pull-throughs. They did suggest calling early because on holiday weekends they do fill up. La Grange is about 15 miles from Schulenburg.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: ACCOMMODATIONS: Schulenburg

Postby Bill K » 02 Sun Aug, 2015 11:29 pm

HEADS UP ON ACCOMODATIONS: I have 12 rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn. Through today, 10 have been booked. So, if you are coming and plan to stay at the Holiday Inn, you may want to get your room booked.

And, if you are on the fence about making the Roundup, I hope you'll jump off the fence and join this great group of folks and their Buggies.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 07 Fri Aug, 2015 8:04 am

I haven't heard where the campers are staying?
And who is camping?
Or maybe I did and can't remember...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Porter » 07 Fri Aug, 2015 8:47 am

Have you been drinking again Billy&Gloria,Charlie&Flo,Ray&Kim, Bobby&Dloris,and Anne&me will be staying in our RV'S
Where else would we stay? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Bobsbuggy » 07 Fri Aug, 2015 10:19 am

Pam and I will also be staying at the RV park in Schulenburg.
Bobsbuggy
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 07 Fri Aug, 2015 11:48 am

Bryan Porter wrote:Have you been drinking again Billy&Gloria,Charlie&Flo,Ray&Kim, Bobby&Dloris,and Anne&me will be staying in our RV'S

Not since my breakfast beer.
I didn't realize that only one of the mentioned RV parks was actually in Schulenburg. My bad.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 07 Fri Aug, 2015 8:34 pm

Bryan Porter wrote:Have you been drinking again Billy&Gloria,Charlie&Flo,Ray&Kim, Bobby&Dloris,and Anne&me will be staying in our RV'S

Y'all be sure and register, so Bill can have as good as head count as possible.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby buggieBob » 10 Mon Aug, 2015 7:13 pm

Going to get my trailer from the shop this week so I am going to stay at the RV park. Thinks Brian for saving the spot for me
My name is Bobby and I'm a buggy-aholic
buggieBob
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 10:40 am

For those staying at the Holiday Inn:
The designated parking area is in front of the hotel. They had a construction crew staying there and they would have their equipment scattered all over the lot. I called this morning to see if the hotel would get them to cluster up all their equipment so we would have some room. Fortunately the hotel said they are not longer there. So, we should be in great shape for trailer parking.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Roundup IX