Schedule of Events

2015 Labor Day Weekend
September 5 & 6
Schulenburg, Texas

Moderator: Bill K

Schedule of Events

Postby Bill K » 04 Sat Jul, 2015 9:44 pm

Here is the schedule for Buggy Roundup IX

PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THE SCHEDULE FROM TIME TO TIME AS CHANGES AND/OR ADDITIONS MAY TAKE PLACE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES.

Friday: EARLY BIRD MEET & GREET: 7:00 pm: Holiday Inn Conference Room: This will be a bring-your-own drinks and finger food get together. Paper goods, cups, and utensils, will be provided. It will be at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is providing the Conference Room at no charge, but they did ask me to be sure non-guests don't use the pool. I think it's probably an insurance liability issue, but certainly understandable.
There will be adult beverages, so please plan appropriately. - Lets make sure we all have a fun and super safe weekend.

Saturday: CRUISE: Leave Holiday Inn at 9:00 am: This will be an 80 +/- mile cruise through the rolling countryside of Fayette County with stops along the way and a Poker Run which will again be dealt by "Deal From The Bottom Porter" :D . Sandy Mechler will again be our Tour Master. Sandy is a very creative and imaginative lady, so you can expect to have a great cruise.
MST has again generously provided one of their unique clocks for the Poker Run prize. They have been a long-time supporter of the Roundup. MST makes the highest quality parts, so you can't go wrong buying from them.

Saturday: GROUP DINNER: Leave Holiday Inn at 6:30 PM We will get together at Oakridge Smokehouse for some usual Food Fun, and Fellowship. We will be getting our food from an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Sunday: SHOW & TELL: Leave Holiday Inn at 8:15 am: The Show & Tell will be at the High Hill Church Picnic in High Hill, Texas. There will be live music, beverages, food, and games. We will be parked right at all the action, so there will be a good crowd of folks to check out our cars and with whom to visit. While beverages, including beer (Hey, this is Bohemian country), will be available there is no objection to us bringing our own beverages, including alcohol.
I'm sorry about the early hour, but traffic backs up badly for the picnic drive thru lunches. The man I'm working with said if we want to avoid getting hung in that line of traffic we need to be parked in our spot by around 9:00 am.

Sunday: DINNER CRUISE: Leave Holiday Inn at 6:00 pm: This will be a short to medium length cruise culminating at Ina's Kitchen in Schulenburg for a GROUP DINNER. Sandy Mechler will again serve as Tour Master for this cruise. They have not yet gotten their liquor license so the owner said we could bring our own alcohol.

PLEASE NOTE:
The Roundup is meant to be a relaxed event. So, while there is a Schedule of Events, you are free to participate in what you want, and sit out what you want. There is no obligation or pressure to have to do everything we have planned.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: Schedule of Events

Postby Bill K » 05 Sun Jul, 2015 10:17 am

POKER RUN PRIZE FROM MST

Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 05 Sun Jul, 2015 2:45 pm

That's awesome Bill. and Thanks MST! I've got the perfect spot for this.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 05 Sun Jul, 2015 6:57 pm

This is where we will "Show & Shine"

http://www.stmary-highhill.com/picnic.html
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 05 Sun Jul, 2015 7:41 pm

Sorry Ken, I think that clocks going home with me :lol:

Really cool looking old church!
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 05 Sun Jul, 2015 7:56 pm

I don't know, will it look bad when I win it? :D
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 06 Mon Jul, 2015 11:41 am

Bill K wrote:I don't know, will it look bad when I win it? :D

Or if I do???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 07 Tue Jul, 2015 8:06 pm

Odds are that my Buggy will miss this one as well.... So my vote will be up for bid. LOL
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bobsbuggy » 10 Fri Jul, 2015 10:50 am

OK, Now I am getting impatient. I am really ready for Labor Day to get here. I hope we have a big turnout. This one sounds like great fun. And MAYBE no rain......
Bobsbuggy
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 11 Sat Jul, 2015 9:25 am

I know there's still time, but ... not seeing some expected names yet...

Buggy Roundup Registration
I just want to make sure there's a really big crowd around when I'm presented with my clock! :D

Whats the matter Bob can't handle a little rain?
What too soon?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 21 Fri Aug, 2015 7:44 pm

Could someone please volunteer to bring a cooler of ice to the Meet & Greet?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 22 Sat Aug, 2015 12:21 pm

We can. Anything else you need just let us know.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 22 Sat Aug, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks a bunch, Ken.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 22 Sat Aug, 2015 3:45 pm

In fact Bill, can we bring red solo cups and some wine appropriate cups also?

How bought plates and plastic ware and napkins? Post up else we as a group or individually can bring or do... Almost BUGGY weekend!!! !!

I am so ready anyone else?
How are those buggys running? ...John?
Anyone working on theirs?
Whose thinking about going but hasn't registered yet?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 22 Sat Aug, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for the offer Ken.

I have solo cups, dessert plates, dinner plates, napkins, and utensils. I'll also bring some take-home containers for folks to take left overs with them.

But, assuming/hoping 'Bobby and Richard will share some of their wine creations :D :D some disposable plastic wine glasses would be great.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 22 Sat Aug, 2015 4:10 pm

BOBBY & RICHARD: Will you guys be sharing any of your delicious wines with us at the Meet & Greet :?:
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 23 Sun Aug, 2015 4:23 pm

uh, Dangit, yep!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 23 Sun Aug, 2015 6:51 pm

Kudos to the Mechler's (I suspect mostly Sandy :D ) for a great job.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 23 Sun Aug, 2015 7:53 pm

OUR RESIDENT WINEMAKERS

Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Mon Aug, 2015 10:02 am

For anyone needing grocery supplies, here is a link to a map showing the Harlan's Grocery Store location. It's just a bit behind the hotel so it's easy to get to.

http://binged.it/1Efedk4
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 31 Mon Aug, 2015 9:07 pm

PLEASE RECHECK THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

I've made a few changes to the schedule so please take another look at it. I think the changes mostly had to do with some leave times.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 01 Tue Sep, 2015 9:38 am

Looks great Bill. See you on Friday!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 9:15 am

I've been meaning to comment on the picture of our club winos, but I can't remember what I wanted to say. :roll:
Bill K wrote:OUR RESIDENT WINEMAKERS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bill K wrote:Sunday: SHOW & TELL: Leave Holiday Inn at 8:15 am: The Show & Tell will be at the High Hill Church Picnic in High Hill, Texas. There will be live music, beverages, food, and games. We will be parked right at all the action, so there will be a good crowd of folks to check out our cars and with whom to visit. While beverages, including beer (Hey, this is Bohemian country), will be available there is no objection to us bringing our own beverages, including alcohol.
I'm sorry about the early hour, but traffic backs up badly for the picnic drive thru lunches. The man I'm working with said if we want to avoid getting hung in that line of traffic we need to be parked in our spot by around 9:00 am.

Sounds like food, drink and entertainment is well covered for the show. This sounds like it will be a fantastic way to spend a Sunday.
I'm wondering what I should be planning to take to the show... like popup cover, chairs, small ice chest with waters, what I missing, oh yea, the car detailing bucket for Delia... ?
Are the church grounds shaded enough we won't need covers?
What are y'all planning?

I'm loading up the trailer as I type!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Porter » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 9:52 am

Ken we went by the Church a few weeks ago and I think there are enough trees for shade
but we need BEER and WINE lots and lots of BEER and WINE!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Dave W » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 3:21 pm

Bill,

I heard our fellow Manx brother John was hoping one of the cruises would go through Bandera so he could inappropriately hook up with Rodeo Rose (Last Roundup, I could not believe he was doing push ups in the Bandara gas station parking lot to impress her!). Seeing this would make a very long cruise, we checked into Rose's availability and have great news. Rodeo Rose and her three sisters - Bare Back Becky, Calf Rop'n Cathy, and Bronco Betty - will be in Schulenburg this weekend for the annual Texas cow girl beauty pagent. They will all be competing in the 70-80 years old age bracket. Lucky for John, they say the sisters are as good looking as Rose, and they all love 6-shooters and 6-volts. Looks like John's motto for the weekend will be "if the buggy is a rocking don't bother knocking"!
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Bryan Porter » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 4:27 pm

Dave W wrote:Bill,

I heard our fellow Manx brother John was hoping one of the cruises would go through Bandera so he could inappropriately hook up with Rodeo Rose (Last Roundup, I could not believe he was doing push ups in the Bandara gas station parking lot to impress her!). Seeing this would make a very long cruise, we checked into Rose's availability and have great news. Rodeo Rose and her three sisters - Bare Back Becky, Calf Rop'n Cathy, and Bronco Betty - will be in Schulenburg this weekend for the annual Texas cow girl beauty pagent. They will all be competing in the 70-80 years old age bracket. Lucky for John, they say the sisters are as good looking as Rose, and they all love 6-shooters and 6-volts. Looks like John's motto for the weekend will be "if the buggy is a rocking don't bother knocking"!

Dave how did we get from Church picnic to this?
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 03 Thu Sep, 2015 5:16 pm

Bryan, I've heard since the "Rodeo Sisters" were already going to be in town for the Beauty Contest, it is widely rumored they will be making a special guest appearance at the High Hill Church Picnic. But, they will most likely hold that back until all the patrons have had a very large amount of beer since it's well known a lot of beer really enhances the Girls"appearance.

The biggest problem I'm currently having is the Catholic Priest doesn't want to allow 6 Volt cars on the grounds since he wants a start creating a more modern image for the Picnic. I'm trying hard to get him to change his mind.

John, are you Catholic? If you are, I think I can work out a Special Dispensation for you.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 07 Mon Sep, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks for the consideration Bill...........old alter boys need to stick together. I was not forgetting about you Dave, your projection of the Rodeo Rose incident has created Buggy Roundup folk lore! I knew something different could come out of that rather unusual visionary experience! Good seeing all you guys and gals again! Thank you Bill, Richard and Miss Sandy for a great weekend.
johber41
Buggyholic

Return to Roundup IX