Moderator: Ken

Event Flyer

Postby Ken » 26 Tue Jan, 2016 10:00 am

Coming Soon!
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Event Flyer

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 11 Mon Apr, 2016 7:57 pm

I had a nice conversation with Ken today. Let him know how much everyone is looking forward to the Blast! Seems like part of the delay on getting more information flowing on the Forum is due to his graphic design team. Who's in charge of that . . . . Dave??
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 12 Tue Apr, 2016 4:45 pm

I know Ken pays this guy extremely well, so you'd think he'd get better service. :D
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Dave W » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 12:18 am

Not only is the pay low, but the computer support is lousy. You would think a guy who has daily access to "state of the art" design tools would let you put them to good use for all fellow Manx brothers. But noooo....I had to use a Commodore 64 and dot matrix printer to get the job done. I am happy to say the graphic is in Ken's hands ready to publish.
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 10:58 am

I'm regretting Dave's demand that he maintain full control over the graphics department.
All he keeps saying is "it's popping a wheelie, A WHEELIE!"
He said he can't wait to get started on the Round Up art and walked off trying to count how many weekends after brenum that was.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 12:31 pm

Oh my goodness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing that got me thinking I need to wait until I see what he produces for the Blast before I pay him the big bucks he demands to do the Roundup design work.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 3:29 pm

Dave did this or did O do this
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Dave W » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 3:34 pm

In case it is not obvious, the buggy in the above graphic design is Bryan's. Remember his wheelie video from the last Marble Falls Blast? I think the wheelie has been very effectively captured in the above design.

Bill, I already have some great ideas going for the RoundUp! Have my crack team (Ken's grandson Osiris) working on the design now.
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 13 Wed Apr, 2016 9:39 pm

I believe that the proposed graphic image is a bit primitive for a classy organization such as ours. I respectively submit the below updated image which I feel better represents the technologically savvy group that we are, building and modernizing our machines:

Flintestone.png
Flintestone.png (41.91 KiB) Viewed 4113 times

I was able to create this impressive image using an Apple II and a protractor. I also feel that we may need some classes at the upcoming Blast in English as a Second Language. Please let me know your thoughts.
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Postby Dave W » 14 Thu Apr, 2016 1:20 am

Dang Rick! An Apple II and protractor - you are going to put me out of business!

I must say that is a great rendition of Ken and his rail - I thought it was a photograph at first. Congrats on the awesome work!
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 14 Thu Apr, 2016 9:53 am

You're right Dave! I modeled that after Ken and his rail, since he is putting this one on. Looks a little front heavy to be pulling any wheelies though. Maybe with the hilly terrain in Wimberley he can do some jumps! Well Ken, looks like no more excuses from the graphic arts department.
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 14 Thu Apr, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks to Rick setting such a high bar, Dave went back to the drawing board, literally, and I am very happy to post up his revised work.
And I must say, even though it pains me, that I think he has created an awesome Buggy Blast XIV design.

What do y'all think? Let's give Dave some feedback here.

We also have verbal agreement from the bank to use the same parking lot we used last year for the show. I'll get over there within a few days and check out the repairs and sign the papers to make it official.

Click here for a printable version.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 14 Thu Apr, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks guys for dusting off the "modern equipment" and producing one of the best designs I've seen yet! This sets the stage for what I'm sure will be a great Blast. I'm sorry to read about the bad weather coming into Fredericksburg and I hope that those of you who are able to go can get out and have a good (dry) time. Looking forward to seeing everyone Memorial Day weekend!
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Return to Buggy Blast XIV