Salt Lick BBQ Visit

2016 Memorial Day Weekend
May 27, 28 and 29 (Fri, Sat and Sun)
Wimberley, Texas

Moderator: Ken

Salt Lick BBQ Visit

Postby Ken » 24 Tue May, 2016 11:45 am

Saturday after the show we will take a cruise out to the Salt Lick in Driftwood for some of their world famous BBQ.
There are a couple items that should be known, before we get out there.

Salt Lick Driftwood is a CASH ONLY establishment. They do have an ATM on site, but I have seen this with 20 people waiting to use it and I have seen it out of order. My suggestion is... REVIEW THEIR MENU (click here) and bring cash with you.

Salt Lick is Bring Your Own Bottle. They do not sell beer. You can bring your own beer, wine and even soda and water in your own ice chest. They have opened a winery there, but I'm not certain the rules for purchasing and drinking on site. I assume it would be acceptable, just never done it.

Salt Lick can get VERY busy. On a holiday weekend, it is not uncommon for a 2+ hour wait to be seated. They have a great outside shade tree seating and usually a guy or two playing the guitar and singing. We have reservations, so we are not expecting an extended wait, but a little wait can actually add to the enjoyment of the place. Although a spike in the head count at the end of this week will make my job a little harder.

Salt Lick does not have great air conditioning. I mean the rooms are large and crowded and then there is the open fire pits. This is not usually a problem. A little beer, good friends and good food usually doesn't give you an opportunity to even think about the AC.

OK, can't think of anything else to add, oh except this picture of when they called me over to help out with the pit.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Salt Lick BBQ Visit

Postby Bill K » 24 Tue May, 2016 2:14 pm

Just to add to what Ken has said: If you indicate you are going to go to an eating establishment with the group, please make every effort to do so. It can get embarrassing for the one making reservations if the number actually attending is way below what they told the operator to reserve for.

Obviously, circumstances always arise that can preclude being able to attend and that is always understandable.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Buggy Blast XIV