Salutation

2016 Memorial Day Weekend
May 27, 28 and 29 (Fri, Sat and Sun)
Wimberley, Texas

Moderator: Ken

Salutation

Postby Ken » 30 Mon May, 2016 6:12 pm

Not sure how to provide a closing thread to the Buggy Blast.
For those that were able to make even part of this event I think you may understand what I mean.
And I swear to you that our cars are a part of these events, but most all of us keep attending for the people. The cars are just an excuse.
If you have attended any of this clubs events, and I don't mean just a show, you know what I mean.
Anyway, here goes...

First, prayers to everyone that has been affected by the rains. I'm sure it has affected some members directly and many more indirectly. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and if anyone has any specific need that we as a group may be able to assist with, post up and let us hear from you.

Second, wishing everyone traveling a safe and uneventful return home.

Third, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you to all my friends who took time from there lives to spend this weekend with me and my family. Me and my family are honored to have such friends. And thank you to all who provided help planning and organizing. And a very big thanks for my good friend Dave Well. This weekend would not have been near as enjoyable without you all.

Forth, how about a few pictures. Here are the few I took and please anyone that attended and took any themselves, please post them up.

Ken's Buggy Blast 2016 Weekend Pictures
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Salutation

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 30 Mon May, 2016 8:45 pm

Ken,

Thanks for a fantastic Blast! Great food, great drink, and great friends! We certainly appreciate all of the effort that you put into making a great event, and everyone who helped you as well. I hope that you and the Wimberley City Council soon overtake Mt. Waialeale, Hawaii as the wettest spot on earth so that we can back to weekends with less than 24" inches of rain! In any event, great cruises and a great time!

Rick & Cyndi

P.S. Happy Birthday to Ken, Dave, and 50th to the Buggy!
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Postby staggerwing » 30 Mon May, 2016 9:47 pm

That was amazing! We had a terrific time and cannot thank you guys enough for putting this Blast together. WELL DONE! Cannot wait to see everyone again and put some more time on these fantastic little cars that bring us all together.
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby SergioF » 31 Tue May, 2016 9:25 am

Ken,

Thank you for hosting this amazing event, Tina and I had a great time. We enjoyed seeing everyone, especially meeting new folks. I wish we could have stayed and participated in Sunday's events but we had to get home to a house full of family that were evacuated because of the flooding along the Brazos River. Everything is good, they all left this morning to go back home.

I love the pictures, I wish we could have been there on Sunday.

Thanks again and looking forward to Labor Day weekend.
Sergio & Tina
SergioF
Buggy Driver

Postby Bryan Porter » 31 Tue May, 2016 11:25 am

Ken what a great job i was hoping for one good day and we had four days of riding in the buggies and hanging with friends !!!
Thanks for all the hard work you and Dave put in to put on such a class weekend it could not have been any better!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 31 Tue May, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the compliments. Sounds like yall might be OK with another year in Wimberley?

How was service at the Saltlick? From my perspective it was good, but would all tables agree?

In fact let me know anything that was particularly enjoyable about the weekend. I actually had a moment at the show where I was thinking man we should be driving. Is that a crazy thought?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Dave W » 31 Tue May, 2016 3:53 pm

Excellent weekend!!! We thoroughly enjoyed the company and friendship of the great group of folks. Christy's sister and family had a great time. Thanks for making them feel so welcomed! Christian was on-line looking at buggies and engines on Monday morning. You can see Bryan's influence on him - the engine on the advertised buggy was never big enough! Thanks Bryan for letting Christian ride with you on the Saturday cruise.

Thanks to Ken and Delia for organizing such a great event and opening their home to use. Soooo much appreciated. Thanks for letting Brad and Sallie use the rail on Sunday - such a nice gesture and what a great cruise!!!

Lastly, thanks for all to your encouraging words to Christy. She has made tremendous progress since her stroke in June'15, and your thoughts, prayers, and friendship have been such a significant factor. Your friendship and a buggy cruise in the back roads of Texas puts such a big smile on her face :D :D :D :D :D
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby GregR » 05 Sun Jun, 2016 2:31 pm

It's been a week already gone by. Kudos to Ken, Dave and Delia. Great job, great show , great cruise (I only followed on the Saturday one.)
Salt lick was very good, as always. Best part was getting to hang with the buggy buddies, miss seeing you guys more often.
Thanks for offering meuse of the Manx Ken, appreciate that more than you know. Looking forward to next year!
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Return to Buggy Blast XIV