June 14th, 2018 TxDMV Board Meeting

Information and links to the sites that are keeping us updated on the efforts related to fixing the Texas Administrative Code Section 217.3

Moderator: admin

June 14th, 2018 TxDMV Board Meeting

Postby Faron » 08 Fri Jun, 2018 6:45 pm

I received an email from Jeremiah Kuntz, the TxDMV Director of Vehicle Titles and Registration late yesterday. There is a TxDMV Board Meeting, next Thursday June 14th, 2018. Mr. Kuntz will be briefing the board but there are no items for the Board to Consider. He also anticipates scheduling another "Working Group Meeting" at a later date to discuss the possible recommendations for Administrative Rule and Statutory changes.
Let me step up on my Soapbox before I start this... This meeting is open to anyone and everyone who wants to attend, AND I SUGGEST THAT WE MAKE A STRONG SHOWING!!! This would show that we are here to make the change. Remember there is strength in numbers!
I am sorry that this is such short notice, but I posted this as quick as I could. An interesting note, Mr. Kuntz only sent the letter to me & with such short notice. Makes me assume that he really does not want us to get the word out & make it difficult to be prepared.
I know that I will speak at the Board Meeting, but not sure that everyone should. There is a fine line between a showing of force, and being an annoying butthead.
The meeting will be held at the TxDMV Headquarters, 4000 Jackson Ave., Austin, TX 78731, and NEXT Thursday June 14th, 2018. I know that it is short notice, but we really need fill the room with as many Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar Owners if possible. Meeting starts at 8:00AM
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: June 14th, 2018 TxDMV Board Meeting

Postby ScottR » 12 Tue Jun, 2018 4:44 pm

I will be there!!! The more the merrier. Let's show we are behind this cause by showing up to let Faron and company know we are behind them.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 13 Wed Jun, 2018 11:49 am

Today is the day before the TxDMV Board Meeting where Jeremiah Kuntz will update the Board as to what has been happening with the Assembled Vehicles Coalition. However that is all that is going to happen at this meeting.... or is it? We are not 100% sure if ANYONE will be able to speak after Kuntz, time will tell. What we need from you is to email Jeremiah Kuntz the letter that is provided IN THE FIRST POST BELOW during the meeting tomorrow. Please below up Jeremiah Kuntz phone during the meeting June 14th, 2018 from 8:00AM to 1:00PM Texas time.
jeremiah.kuntz@txdmv.gov

Mr. Kuntz,

I heard you say in the meeting that the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles had with the Sunset Commission last month, that because of Federal Regulations, the issue of registration and licensing of Dune Buggies, Sandrails, and some Kitcars was “complex”.
I find that difficult to accept because of the fact that in 2003 the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) stated that owner – Assembled vehicles Do Not have to meet the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and that those regulations only apply to newly and mass-produced vehicles. I find their statement to be clear, straightforward and anything but complex.
Can you please tell me what may have been changed since then to now make this a complex issue?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill M » 13 Wed Jun, 2018 7:53 pm

Johana and I will be there. See you in the morning!
Bill M
Buggy Dude

Return to Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, Kitcar