8-16-2018 Proposal

Information and links to the sites that are keeping us updated on the efforts related to fixing the Texas Administrative Code Section 217.3

Moderator: admin

8-16-2018 Proposal

Postby Faron » 17 Fri Aug, 2018 12:23 am

Faron from Save the Texas Dune Buggy Here. Today was a HUGE Success, for many reasons. But the number one reason is because the Board decided to Table the Proposed Rule changes. The Board now realizes that this is a sizable issue, and it has got to be addressed. This leaves us a far smoother path to go down. Had the proposed rules been enacted, we would have to contend with that mess through Legislation. This also means that the Board is looking at this from our point of view, and Kuntz & his Cronies no longer get to sit in the Drivers Seat. You have got to believe me when I say that its rare for a Board to NOT simply Rubber Stamp what the TxDMV Staff puts before them
A couple of REALLY interesting things stand out to me. Towards the end, Kuntz was getting grilled by a board member. I felt that Kuntz could see that he was loosing the Board, as in they were siding with us rather than him. A board Memeber asked Kuntz who started all of this and what was the reasoning for doing so. When watching Kuntz, it looked as tough he slipped up when he said that Texas Automotive Dealers Association (TADA) had a influence on the decision when 217.3 was passed in the first place. Then did all he could to backpeddle what he had just said. Now we know the truth, I just dont know how to make it work for us, YET!
Another interesting thing that happened was when a Board Member asked Kuntz a direct question. (Well, to anyone else on the planet....) Kuntz Smiled and him with that condescending Cheshire Grin as if to say " "Its very complicated". The Board Member looked at him and said, dont sit there and Grin at me answer my question. That same board member also mentioned in a very annoyed tone, that every question that was asked of Kuntz, the response came with a long convoluted answer. It was NICE to see Kuntz squirm, and to see the disappointment on his face as the Board disagreed with him.
Everyone that is reading this needs to understand that this is in fact a Grassroots effort, because we stick together we will continue to have much success! The Board had NO IDEA that we would have 14 people there to oppose this rule. I watched the body language of the board and know that is a huge part of our success today. It was NOT just Faron, Justin, and Ron, this was a group effort and we all need to be thankful that everyone took the time to speak on our behalf. Again, the Board did not expect 14 people to show up. So we the next time, we are going to have to double or even triple that! After all I did say that we are gaining in strength, and we are not going away until we have a comprehensive outcome.
One last thing, and then I will shut up. There is strength in numbers! We have got to start getting more people to join the group, and more people need to get involved!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: 8-16-2018 Proposal

Postby ScottR » 24 Fri Aug, 2018 4:35 pm

Let me say that one of the big reasons that we won this round was the fact that people actually showed up for the support and put their 2 cents in of their situation. The board was surprised and shocked that we would actually show much less speak, individually. Kuntz is a putz and the board recognized this, finally. Kuntz's rubber stamp will now be questioned.

We need more involvement and no more sitting on the sidelines. We are fighting for yours and my hobbies. Not to mention our extended family.

Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Return to Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, Kitcar