Buggys on the beach II ???

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Buggys on the beach II ???

Postby Aquabuggy » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey Ricky, Carlton, Bobby S. & Bobby M. Do y'all want to try the beach run again?
If we do lets get the planning started early.

Anyone interested in coming down for a beach run?

(set up a poll for you guys, gregR0
Last edited by Aquabuggy on 30 Sun Dec, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Beach run

Postby Texasbuggys » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 1:24 pm

You may have to drag my low rider down the beach Chris with your tall boy buggy! LOL
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Russhebert » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 1:40 pm

count us in this year. Maybe everything will allow us to be there this time. looking forward to it.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Re: Beach run

Postby Aquabuggy » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 1:53 pm

Texasbuggys wrote:You may have to drag my low rider down the beach Chris with your tall boy buggy! LOL

Drag it behind your 5 winder bugfoot thingy. :D

Cool Russell, Ill keep ya posted as things develop ;-)
On second thought if comes down it and you and I are the only ones we will still go :) :)

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Beach Trip

Postby Texasbuggys » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 8:17 pm

That's the ticket! If I can only get time to at least get it together! Got lots to do on it still, I have had a great time building on it, chopping, bending and welding on that thing is the most relaxing. I keep walking past the buggy and get glass on me everytime and keep changing it from top to bottom. I think I am starting to get allergic to it! LOL, I am going though all the parts I have accumulated for it today and I think I have found the under carriage colors finally. It is going to be different to say the least. Goal is Fredricksberg!!! Chris keep posting pictures, you are keeping me motivated! Hey did you have any times, dates for the Beach Blast in your head?
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Re: Beach Trip

Postby Aquabuggy » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 8:40 pm

Texasbuggys wrote:Hey did you have any times, dates for the Beach Blast in your head?

Nope, Wanted to get some input from everyone that's interested and see what will work out the best and go with that.

As far as pics go, not much to look at. Just doing the little time consuming stuff rear shock mounts, brake line brackets, seat belt mounts, turn signal mounts kinda boring stuff ya know work all day and cant even tell anything has been done.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby JD » 30 Sun Dec, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey Chris... Linda and I are interested. Just let us know when.
JD
Buggy Nut

Postby Aquabuggy » 31 Mon Dec, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey JD, I hope y'all can make again this summer. We need to figure out a date that will be good for everyone. Do you have any suggestions that would make it even better this year?

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 01 Tue Jan, 2008 10:12 am

Hey Chris I am game I don't even know what my car looks like :o but I will uncover it and dust it off and hope it runs. I thank late apr early may spring break or not :lol:
Plum Crazy
richard king
Buggy Driver

Postby Aquabuggy » 03 Thu Jan, 2008 8:27 pm

Ricky, Glad to hear your up for it. :D I see where your coming from spring break lots of cute college girls in bikini'sImage OH YA!
But with the VW classic at the end of April and the Buggy Blast in May that maybe a little hard to pull off, not to mention almost impossible to get hotel rooms.
Maybe in June or July after most of the spring VW shows have died down??

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Date Possibilities

Postby Texasbuggys » 06 Sun Jan, 2008 10:10 pm

Well I talked with Chris W. today and we were thinking of shooting for the last weekend of June. Please reply and let us know if that is a good time, bad time, or ya just don't give a darn, ya ain't going to be able to come anyways! Just give us some feedback as we would like to get a good sized group turn out this year and take some great pictures. Also if anyone has any recommnedations that made it last year, lets hear them also since I did not get to make it I was out of town the same weekend with the kids in their competions. So com'on guys and gals chime in!!!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Don » 07 Mon Jan, 2008 8:36 am

The last weekend in June would be good for us.
Don
Buggy Nut

Postby GregR » 07 Mon Jan, 2008 10:15 am

hay guys, I created a poll at the top of this forum. Let me know if the options are what you want.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Russhebert » 07 Mon Jan, 2008 6:23 pm

It will not let me vote but we do not care what weekend it is, we will be there.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby Carlton Dollery » 14 Mon Jan, 2008 3:44 pm

Count me and the family in :D , unless something comes up.

Chris you can locate a good hotel this time for all to stay at, the one we got last time was last minute and had alot to be desired :( . I think it was Donna that had some uninvited guest in her room :shock: .

Maybe if we set a date and time early enough we can find a place to stay on the island.
Carlton Dollery
Buggy Driver

Postby Aquabuggy » 02 Sat Feb, 2008 11:33 pm

If everyone is good with June, 28 & 29 lets make it official Image
Chrissy & I will be down that way in a couple weeks, we will try to come up with some options for lodging.
If anyone has any input Id love to hear it so please speak up.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Re: Buggys on the beach II ???

Postby CoilMan » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 7:56 pm

Aquabuggy wrote:Anyone interested in coming down for a beach run?

Sounds like fun. You had me at "bikini". Which beach or is that still being discussed?

Ken
CoilMan

Postby Aquabuggy » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 8:55 pm

CoilMan wrote:
Aquabuggy wrote:Anyone interested in coming down for a beach run?

You had me at "bikini".
Image :lol: :lol:

The current plan is Port Aransas/Mustang Island. We could go to South Padre Island it would be a long drive in a buggy, but Hey If thats where everyone wants to go Ill be up for it.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby CoilMan » 25 Mon Feb, 2008 9:17 am

Thats about a 100 miles, right? Nearly all secluded beach drive? Sounds like a great weekend to me. Any thoughts/discussion on stopping somewhere and camping on the beach for a night?

Ken

PS. The "bikini" comment was insensitive and rude and I am a happily married man to a wonderful woman. (Yeah, the wife read my post! :oops: )
CoilMan

lol

Postby Texasbuggys » 25 Mon Feb, 2008 1:45 pm

LOL, that P.S. was funny right there!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 25 Mon Feb, 2008 5:23 pm

CoilMan wrote:Thats about a 100 miles, right? From Victoria its about 90. Nearly all secluded beach drive? There are a few condos near the beach. Sounds like a great weekend to me. Me too. Any thoughts/discussion on stopping somewhere and camping on the beach for a night? As long as you have a beach parking permit you can camp on the beach about 12 bucks if I remember write. My wife is not a camper she likes the AC but don't let us stop you.

Ken

PS. The "bikini" comment was insensitive and rude and I am a happily married man to a wonderful woman. (Yeah, the wife read my post! :oops: )

WHAT! My wife is the one telling me look look that girl has a thong on or look at her she's hanging out of her suit.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

HOTEL

Postby buggieBob » 05 Wed Mar, 2008 11:50 am

I have done some checking on hotels.And called expedia for room availability and was told that there was over 10 rooms available at Best Western Ocean Villa.here is the link

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qs ... m=1&rdct=1

Bobby
My name is Bobby and I'm a buggy-aholic
buggieBob
Buggy Nut

Postby Aquabuggy » 05 Wed Mar, 2008 8:54 pm

Hey Bobby, The wife and I went down a couple weekends ago. Looks like anything on the island is gonna be $150 & up, The Days inn looked new and had the most parking. We also looked in Aransas Pass there is a Microtel Inn that looked fairly new, prices there are in the $80 to $90 range.
Im good ether way, Just getting excited. Image
Maybe some of the others will chime in.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Carlton Dollery » 06 Thu Mar, 2008 8:09 am

Either one is fine with me, I think it would be nice if we all could stay at the same place like last time and we do need a place that has lots of parking area. What is the preference of everyone coming? Do you want to stay on the island (which cost more for a room) or stay in Aransas Pass again. We need to decide fairly quick before the rooms are gone :( .
Carlton Dollery
Buggy Driver

Hotel

Postby buggieBob » 06 Thu Mar, 2008 12:03 pm

Chris

I suggested the Best Western because it as closest to the beach. They are going to be around $150.00 price we just need to make a decision on were to stay the rooms will fill up fast. There is car washes and places to eat on the island. I book a room at the Best Western but if we decide to stay at the Days End I can change it. We need to have a meeting with some of us to set it up.
buggieBob
Buggy Nut

Postby JD » 06 Thu Mar, 2008 2:30 pm

Chris, Linda and I are really excited about coming down. Either place will be good for us. Looking forward to seeing you all again. JD
JD
Buggy Nut

Postby Aquabuggy » 06 Thu Mar, 2008 9:15 pm

Hey JD, Glad to hear from ya and were looking forward to having y'all down this way again.
Is there anything different you all would like to do this year?

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 06 Thu Mar, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey Bobby M., Carlton, Ricky, Bobby S. did I leave anyone out? hope not.
How about we give a couple days to hear comments from some of the other interested club members then lets meet and nail down the final plans.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby CoilMan » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 11:03 am

Aquabuggy wrote:Hey Bobby, The wife and I went down a couple weekends ago. Looks like anything on the island is gonna be $150 & up, The Days inn looked new and had the most parking. We also looked in Aransas Pass there is a Microtel Inn that looked fairly new, prices there are in the $80 to $90 range.

We stayed at the Aransas Pass Microtel Inn last weekend. Proximity to ferry was great, and nice enough place for sleeping (rooms are ... well "micro"scopic), but not much parking. Small lot in the back.

Just thought I would share.

Ken

Oh BTW, Aquabuggy, earlier I was asking how far I should expect the "beach" drive to be. Not how far Victoria is ... ;-)
CoilMan

Postby Carlton Dollery » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 11:39 am

Sounds good to me!!! :D

Wife and kids are already pushing to go, looks like we will be making a couple of trips before the cruise.
Carlton Dollery
Buggy Driver

Postby Aquabuggy » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 3:17 pm

CoilMan wrote:
Aquabuggy wrote:Hey Bobby, The wife and I went down a couple weekends ago. Looks like anything on the island is gonna be $150 & up, The Days inn looked new and had the most parking. We also looked in Aransas Pass there is a Microtel Inn that looked fairly new, prices there are in the $80 to $90 range.

We stayed at the Aransas Pass Microtel Inn last weekend. Proximity to ferry was great, and nice enough place for sleeping (rooms are ... well "micro"scopic), but not much parking. Small lot in the back.

Just thought I would share.

Ken

Oh BTW, Aquabuggy, earlier I was asking how far I should expect the "beach" drive to be. Not how far Victoria is ... ;-)

Hey Ken, Thanks for the down low on the Micro.
You are planning on joining us on the beach cruise write :?: Oh wait I know how to convince you click here. http://www.corpusbeach.com/bikini_beach_achieves.htm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
As for the length of the cruise on the beach 15 miles or so, not really sure. If thats not long enough we could go down to the Padre Island national seashore thats something like 60 miles of beach 4x4 is recommended down there :shock:

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby CoilMan » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 5:52 pm

Aquabuggy wrote:Oh wait I know how to convince you click here. http://www.corpusbeach.com/bikini_beach_achieves.htm
Yes, I knew what it was and I looked anyway... :oops: Wanted to see the latest styles, just to help the wife when out shopping with her...

Aquabuggy wrote:The current plan is Port Aransas/Mustang Island. We could go to South Padre Island it would be a long drive in a buggy, but Hey If thats where everyone wants to go Ill be up for it.
:?: I was a little confused, but think I am up on this now.

We are definitely a strong ... maybe!

Carlton Dollery wrote:What is the preference of everyone coming? Do you want to stay on the island (which cost more for a room) or stay in Aransas Pass again.
Personally, I would vote (and it is ok to say mine does not matter) to stay in Aransas Pass where you get two nights for the price of one on the island. Kind of cool taking the ferry and I would like to see a ferry full of buggies (please keep that comment straight, I did not say a buggy fulll of ...).

As soon as the wife gets home, I'll tell her if we are going to go or not... and let you know what she says.
CoilMan

Postby ckolek » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 6:48 pm

now that is funny!!!! :lol: :lol:
Kind of cool taking the ferry and I would like to see a ferry full of buggies (please keep that comment straight, I did not say a buggy fulll of ...).
ckolek
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 07 Fri Mar, 2008 7:25 pm

I thank I will be going to port A for spring break 8-) . Me and thomas are going and I thank we are going to stay on the beach on spring break But let me know were we are going to stay for the cruse. it all sounds good to me
Plum Crazy
richard king
Buggy Driver

Postby Ken » 09 Sun Mar, 2008 9:54 am

Yes, have you guys gotten together and decided on a place to stay. Looks like a good sized group is interested and rooms may start becoming an issue.

Ken
(Coilman login broke :cry: not sure why ?)
Ken
Site Admin

Darnit

Postby Texasbuggys » 09 Sun Mar, 2008 9:35 pm

I have a wedding the weekend before and the weekend of the beach trip! Crude wankers! Well maybe I can sneek off for the day!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 21 Fri Mar, 2008 10:32 pm

Looks like everyone has chimed in and seem to be fine with ether location. Since we stayed in Aransas Pass last year It would be fun to stay on the island this time around. So, we will be booking a room at the Best Western as well. Looking forward to seeing yall :D :D :D

PS. Ricky, how was spring break on the beach?

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 22 Sat Mar, 2008 11:53 am

Disregard previous post! This is Chrissy. We tried booking the hotel room in Port Aransas, there is a 2 night minimum. I checked around and they were either futher out or 2 night minimum. So, we booked at the Super 8 in Aransas Pass. http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Bo ... ch-Super_8

The good news..... :D it's cheaper. The bad news..... :( it's not on the island.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Carlton Dollery » 01 Tue Apr, 2008 6:16 am

I booked the family at the Super 8 last night.

Chris you going to take the long body this year?

Anybody else booked yet for the beach cruise?
Carlton Dollery
Buggy Driver

BEACH

Postby Texasbuggys » 01 Tue Apr, 2008 6:41 am

We have a wedding to attend on Sat afternoon but we will drive down on Sunday morning to meet up with everyone.

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

booked

Postby buggieBob » 02 Wed Apr, 2008 7:22 pm

Booked a room at super 8 the other day (I am in)
buggieBob
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 11 Fri Apr, 2008 12:10 pm

We are booked. Plan is to drive down on Friday. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Aquabuggy » 11 Fri Apr, 2008 8:20 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing ya Ken.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 27 Tue May, 2008 8:44 pm

Are yall ready for the beach run :?: I am Image

Us local (Victoria) guys are going to cruise down in our buggies Saturday morning leaving around 7:00ish and arriving in Aransas pass around 8:00ish.

I think some will be going down to Aransas pass on Friday and also staying at the super8. http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Bo ... ch-Super_8

If your interested in coming to Victoria Friday night and cruising down with us from Victoria, last year everyone seemed to be vary happy staying here http://www.lonestarinnandsuites.com/
Last edited by Aquabuggy on 28 Wed May, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby MikeL » 27 Tue May, 2008 10:03 pm

We will already be there for the week, so we will hook up sometime Sat.
Looking forward to it.
MikeL
Buggy Driver

Postby Aquabuggy » 28 Wed May, 2008 7:00 am

Sounds good Mike, is David going to down as well?

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby MikeL » 28 Wed May, 2008 7:46 am

No, they backed out on us. All of mine and Debra's kids are going to be there. 21st - 28th Looking forward to it.
MikeL
Buggy Driver

Postby Aquabuggy » 23 Mon Jun, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey Mike, Hows the beach? Well see ya there Saturday.

Everybody ready??

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 23 Mon Jun, 2008 1:36 pm

Regrettably our plans have changed. We won't make the beach this weekend. Have a great time and everyone be careful. I guess we will see you in Bourne.

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Aquabuggy » 24 Tue Jun, 2008 6:59 am

OK Ken, Hope all is well see ya the Round up.

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Next

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips