Bluebonnet Wine Trail - Early Fall 2013

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Bluebonnet Wine Trail - Early Fall 2013

Postby TXRnK2 » 11 Thu Jul, 2013 8:04 pm

To our fellow winers,

We are Winers and would like to know if anyone would be interested in joining us for a day or two or wine touring buggy style? We can either do one on our own or we can go during Texas wine month....October. The bluebonnet site has not posted their normal wine and sausage tour yet for October, but its usually the first two weekends in the month of October. I'm not sure if that's too cool, but it will surely feel good. Bryan and I discussed it briefly last weekend and he seems to think there would be interest so here it is. Id be happy to plan the route etc. we have done the route quite a few times....not lushes at all ;) From Houston area, Messina Hoff is the furthest away with closest being in Montgomery.

Sincerely,
Magnolia Winers

PS. You can't "wine" if you don't come. :lol:

http://www.texasbluebonnetwinetrail.com/brochure.asp
TXRnK2
Buggy Driver

Re: Bluebonnet Wine Trail - Early Fall 2013

Postby Bryan Porter » 17 Wed Jul, 2013 9:24 am

This could be fun a lot of back roads and Davy Crockett National Forest.
We can talk about it at the round up.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Gary » 17 Wed Jul, 2013 9:56 am

This does sound like fun. We're looking forward to more details like, where the wine trail would start, distance, time, etc. From the map on the brochure, College Station looks like it is quite a way from Houston.
GARY
Gary
Buggy Dude

Postby Joe » 17 Wed Jul, 2013 11:29 pm

It is only about 96 to 100 Mil.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 18 Thu Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

Delia and I are interested. We will be watching this thread for specifics and we hope it works out that we can join in.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby speedbuggy » 02 Fri Aug, 2013 7:00 am

Wine? Did someone say wine? When? Where? :)
1970 Fiberglass body
speedbuggy
Buggy Builder

Re: Bluebonnet Wine Trail - Oct 12, 2013

Postby TXRnK2 » 02 Mon Sep, 2013 11:25 pm

Since the benefit is the Oct. 5th, we will be doing this on Oct. 12th. We will only have time in the day for 4 wineries, so it is up to you if you want to buy the tickets for the tour. If you need hotel stay, there are many in the area (Magnolia\Tomball), make sure to call to make sure they can accommodate trailer (if that's how you're coming)

I have the map figured starting at Bryan Ps (Meet at 10 leave at 10:30 am) and ending at Bryan Ps for a possible BBQ, Bryan, if you wouldn't mind speaking to that? The total drive is 93.5 mi, 2 hours 1 min, 1/2 hr - 1 hr at each winery, depending how busy. Ray and I will be doing a dry run (maybe not so "dry") this weekend to make sure the roads are all buggy friendly(pending this, road times are subject to change). Some of these wineries have dirt\gravel entries, so be warned I can't change that but we can go really, really slow to prevent damage, just won't prevent dust, dry as a bone everywhere.

Wineries on this tour: (Meet at 10 leave at 10:30 am) Winery hours are 11-6
Retreat Hill Winery & Vineyard - http://www.retreathill.com
Bernhardt Winery - http://www.bernhardtwinery.com
Cork This! Winery - http://www.corkthiswinery.com
Texas Star Winery - http://www.texasstarwinery.com

We'll end up at a tasting room called Ranchers Daughter which carries wines from all over Texas and then go back to Bryans.

Sausage and Wine Tour Details: (https://www.localwineevents.com/tickets/i_want/492703)
On this trail each ticketed guest will receive a commemorative Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail glass at the first winery and each member winery will offer two wine samples paired with a unique sausage dish to each ticketholder. Additionally, each ticketholder will receive a commemorative wine bottle tote emblazoned with the Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail logo at the SIXTH winery they visit. Each ticketholder will also receive a commemorative Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail professional quality wine key at the NINTH winery.
TXRnK2
Buggy Driver

Postby Ken » 12 Thu Sep, 2013 6:32 am

So how was the "not so dry" run? Any note worthy changes to this plan?

Assuming Crazy Alice passes the state inspection before October 12th, Delia and I are planning to by there.

Anyone else going?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby TXRnK2 » 12 Thu Sep, 2013 12:39 pm

All went well. No changes to plan. We may change the route in one or two places due to ugly construction, but other than that we are good to go. On a side note, Retreat Hill will be closing for good after that weekend, so if u like their wines better get what you can.

The BBQ at Bryans afterwards is BYOB and BYO Buns\meat to grill up. We will supply condiments, onion, lettuce tomato etc.

Cant wait to go, see ya'll at Bryans at 10:00 a.m.

Kim
TXRnK2
Buggy Driver

Postby Joe » 12 Thu Sep, 2013 10:33 pm

would like to do this one but cant I will be in OK. city meat up with the sea to sea bunch 12 oct. is there any of you wont go if not youal have good time.

Joe
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 30 Mon Sep, 2013 8:56 am

Any body that wants to go my address is 35335 hwy 249 pinehurst 77362
Hope to you all here it will be fun.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby yoboy » 09 Wed Oct, 2013 9:38 pm

All of you Winers have a great time. Sorry we can not make the trip this time.

Billy and Gloria
yoboy
Buggyholic

Postby TXRnK2 » 11 Fri Oct, 2013 10:21 pm

Well it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate, cancelled for now. Will reschedule for another time. Its really pretty in the spring during the bluebonnet run. :( At least we miss the ren fest traffic.
TXRnK2
Buggy Driver

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips