Festival Invitation

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Festival Invitation

Postby Bill K » 22 Sun Jan, 2017 8:15 pm

I got the email below from a friend of mine who is involve with events for Downtown Rosenberg. He also has one of the best breakfast taco places in Texas. It's called Bob's Taco and it's pretty popular throughout the area.

So, I'm checking to see if there is any interest in making this event. I'd like nothing better than to show of in Rosenberg some of the great Buggies in our group.

This will be in Old Downtown Rosenberg and I'll get more details if there is any interest.

Greetings Bill, I am contacting you to see if you may be interested in having your dune buggy friends attend our Spring Arts Festival April; 1st 2017 with the dune buggy vehicles. Its with the Rosenberg Main Street Festival and held downtown.
Perhaps Frank Martinez has reached out already because he and his group will be attending with their VW 's. He mentioned your name and told him we know each already.
At any rate, there is no fee involved and I thought your participation would make our event that much more special.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: Festival Invitation

Postby Heathwerner » 22 Sun Jan, 2017 10:29 pm

Sounds like a good chance to get the Buggy out and see the gang. We are up for it!

Heath and Shannon
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 26 Thu Jan, 2017 9:39 am

Bill, is there a web site or Facebook page for this event?
Might help peak some interest?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 04 Sat Mar, 2017 9:14 pm

Here is the flier for the Rosenberg Spring Arts Festival. A friend of mine is organizing a Classic VW Gathering as part of the Festival. He called and asked me to invite my Buggy friends to participate with them. They will also be having live Country and Mariachi bands playing not far from where we will be setup. This will just be a gathering with no entry fees or awards. I'd sure love to have you join me in Old Downtown Rosenberg.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 05 Sun Mar, 2017 1:43 pm

This may be on the radar. Marcia is always up to artsy stuff. I'll let you know when I get back from the ski trip
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Heathwerner » 12 Sun Mar, 2017 9:58 pm

Bill, I see there is also a Spring Fling Festival with a car show in Rosenburg on the same weekend. Do you know if these two are part of the same event?
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 12 Sun Mar, 2017 11:02 pm

No, the Spring Fling and the VW Gathering are not the same. The Spring Fling is an open car show that goes on Saturday and Sunday, and takes place at the Knights of Columbus Hall on the edge of town. They do about 300 cars, and it's a nice show. But, this year I'm skipping it so I can do the VW Gathering.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Das Li'l Beast » 13 Mon Mar, 2017 6:32 am

In reference to Bill's comment, about the April 1st ARTS FESTIVAL, Rosenberg. Check out the Bay Area VW Club "facebook", a flyer was recently posted by David Saucier (our club president). Thanks
Das Li'l Beast
Buggy Nut

Postby Heathwerner » 26 Sun Mar, 2017 9:35 pm

Are we still on for next weekend? If so where and when?
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 26 Sun Mar, 2017 11:04 pm

We'll be on Avenue G between 2'nd & 3'rd Street in Downtown Rosenberg. I hope to get the start time tomorrow and will post up when I get it.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 27 Mon Mar, 2017 10:32 am

We can arrive at the Festival at 9:00 AM
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 31 Fri Mar, 2017 11:40 am

Hi Bill and buggy gang.....Karen and I are not going to make the Rosenberg festival due to an injury. Hope to see you guys soon. Have fun and we will try and see you guys at the Blast.

Bill, sent you a PM.
johber41
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips