TROTTLE CABLE MOUNT

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

TROTTLE CABLE MOUNT

Postby capmike » 28 Sat Oct, 2006 10:46 pm

guys i got an question i hope someone can help me out. ive got a berrien chassis im trying to mock up and get brackets welded before i send it for pwdercoat.they sent a tube for the throttle cable to run threw,but i cant figure where to mount the thing.I see where it mounts at the rear,but where does the cable enter at the front?Im going with a peddle asembly by cnc not the stock unit. there is a bracket where im assume the peddle assembly mounts at the right center and a master cyl mount that ill have to remove for the cnc unit to mount. also the shifter and e-brake mount directly to the fiberglass floor.Is that strong enough to suport these or do
i need to reinforce them with steel?
sorry for the long post thanks
capmike
capmike
Buggy Nut

Postby Yellermanx » 28 Sat Oct, 2006 11:26 pm

Hey Capmike, I had the same concerns as you when I put my Berrien chassis together. Berrien wants you to bolt the shifter, e-brake and throttle cable to the fiberglass floor. Others have assured me that that it is not a problem, however I did a little extra anyway. I welded mounts for the e-brake and shifter to the frame. They fit tight against the bottom of the fiberglass pan then sandwich it. I then welded the throttle cable tube to those. The shifter and e-brake mounts add extra support to the fiberglass. I had heard others complain about the floor flexing in front of the seat when you step in so I added supports there also. I also mounted nut plates underneath for belly pans. You can see most of this in these pics. I think it was well worth the extra effort. My buggy is solid as a rock and very few noises. I also welded bolts to the frame to bolt the fuel and brake lines to as well as the e-brake cable tubes. You can see many pics of the build here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... ?start=all

A few select pics.

Pedal area and fuel and brake line mounts.

Belly pans, just recently got stainless button head bolts to replace the ones in the picture.

Yellermanx
Buggy Builder

Postby capmike » 28 Sat Oct, 2006 11:40 pm

thanks yellowmanx,thats what i needed to know.it seems to me with the shifter and e brake mounted to the fiberglass that eventually the fiberglass would wear through. thanks a lot
mike
capmike
Buggy Nut

Postby blackthree4me » 29 Sun Oct, 2006 9:43 am

verry verry nice!
keep us posted on progress
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Yellermanx » 29 Sun Oct, 2006 12:28 pm

blackthree4me wrote:verry verry nice!
keep us posted on progress

Thanks, but it's pretty much done for now. Other build pictures here.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... ?start=all

Buggy as it is now.

2" body lift

I still have plans to polish the windshield frame build a stainless roll cage, bumper,engine cage and redo the body to this color. Someday!
Yellermanx
Buggy Builder

Return to Technical Talk